+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team for Saturday

Cracking game! What a bugger, that fluke late goal.
    Bennett top-notch, even this level up. Bad miss by Palmer.
    Bragging-rights shared with my Ipswich friends.

I'm disappointed as we should be walking away with 3 points. We looked comfortably a better side. But we will take a point and move on. Great start to life in the Champ, for Dack.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I'm disappointed as we should be walking away with 3 points. We looked comfortably a better side. But we will take a point and move on. Great start to life in the Champ, for Dack.
    Very thought-provoking that LAST year's team can look so at home in the higher league!
    Togetherness? Team-spirit?
    I think so.

Great manager, and a great solid team. I saw alot of the Champ last season, and I just think this side, with confidence, is as good if not better than a vast majority of this league. If we can get a few decent players in to add to this it will be an interesting season ahead

23 players used or mentioned, but not a word about Fisher, Tomlinson and Hart.
    I suspect the last two will be off on loan, and Fisher will join them if another keeper is signed.
    As for Caddis, I'm sure his experience could be put to good use in L.1/L.2. or - more likely still - in Scotland.
    He lacks pace, but I always thought he was a decent defender.
    If Bauer arrives, will Downing be content with being fifth choice?

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Very thought-provoking that LAST year's team can look so at home in the higher league!
    Togetherness? Team-spirit?
    I think so.
    TM has banged on about this pretty much all of his tenure. When looking at likely candidates he has brought up their character and will they 'fit in'.
    The cynic in me puts this down to the 'attitude' of many a professional in these increasingly obscene pay day times.
    We all know that money corrupts, and for me it tempers any sort of flame inside someone's commitment and maybe even self pride.
    We ourselves have recognised this over the last season where it seems our team/squads goal is what it's all about and any self interest is on the back burner.
    Many years ago it was only really the top players could take the easy ride and the money, but increasingly its any Tom Dick or Harry can do this. I see it as down to TM's own old school character that's driving this home.
    That feel good effect has migrated across to the supporter side and is what is making it pleasurable again.

There is belief this side can achieve great things.
    We don't have an open cheque book,we are not prepared to throw money in hope of gaining promotion in one season
    Slow build and hard work the aim and personally I am quite excited at what this young team can achieve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)