+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Position predictions

Position predictions

So the season is just a few days away where do you think we will finish?
    I feel any hopes of a top 6 finish is being very optimistic
    I can't see it happening,the buzz word was consolidation and we will achieve this
    14th place

When I saw the heading, Robin, I thought, "14th".
    Then I opened your post. Great minds!

I really hope this is not going to be too boring (without Sax - to ‘shake it up &#128521.
    But that’s the sort of area I would imagine that we may well end up. Reflecting TM’s demeanour ie ‘steady as she goes’.
    This morn bfor opening the site I had in my head a 2 - 1 predict to come from Alf and was gona pitch it in, but he who hesitates and all that.
    Are we all boringly predictive without Sax 😂

I myself am by far the least analytical of our bunch , so please excuse me if I don’t get involved in dealing amongst the weeds .
    My approach is a general overview of any given situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    I really hope this is not going to be too boring (without Sax - to ‘shake it up ��).
    But that’s the sort of area I would imagine that we may well end up. Reflecting TM’s demeanour ie ‘steady as she goes’.
    This morn bfor opening the site I had in my head a 2 - 1 predict to come from Alf and was gona pitch it in, but he who hesitates and all that.
    Are we all boringly predictive without Sax ��

I myself am by far the least analytical of our bunch , so please excuse me if I don’t get involved in dealing amongst the weeds .
    My approach is a general overview of any given situation.
    I would be happy with mid-table. That's our aim.

I think we will finish between 8-10th.

The sensible me thinks the above. I do however just have a feeling (dependant on which 3/4 players we get in the next week or so) we will be the real dark horses of this Champ.
    We have a great solid side. Even if we don't get anyone else in, we have 4 internationals. We have a brilliant, professional set up. Unlike alot of Champ clubs, We are a proper football club. We are miles bigger than the West Brom, Swansea's etc ..... they just have lots of money to mis-spend and waste.
    We have a brilliant team spirit. And one of the best managers around. Play off' s while they would be amazing, I wouldn't be shocked if we made them.
    Dack is going to rip this league up next season

Welcome back to the Championship and I think steady season as this league ain’t getting any easier but you appear to have had a very good summer so you could end up doing a Sheff Utd and be there or thereabouts 7th - 10th and just miss out is my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    The sensible me thinks the above. I do however just have a feeling (dependant on which 3/4 players we get in the next week or so) we will be the real dark horses of this Champ.
    We have a great solid side. Even if we don't get anyone else in, we have 4 internationals. We have a brilliant, professional set up. Unlike alot of Champ clubs, We are a proper football club. We are miles bigger than the West Brom, Swansea's etc ..... they just have lots of money to mis-spend and waste.
    We have a brilliant team spirit. And one of the best managers around. Play off' s while they would be amazing, I wouldn't be shocked if we made them.
    Dack is going to rip this league up next season
    I sometimes think you are a bit TOO optimistic, Champs. We are involved only with Rovers, but there will be other teams with good sides, professional set-ups, and brilliant team-spirit. We had those things in D.1, and it still wasn't easy. I suspect this season's Championship is going to be a dog-fight, with lots of teams in contention.
    Dack is going to be a key factor, but we have to remember that the overall quality is going to be higher than anything he's experienced before. Also, his ability is more widely recognised now, and teams will be making plans to cancel him out.
    I tend to be cautious, and to be honest, if we are "W-16; D-15; L-15" at the end of the season, I will be pretty pleased. (That would have put us in 12th place, last season).

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    Welcome back to the Championship and I think steady season as this league ain’t getting any easier but you appear to have had a very good summer so you could end up doing a Sheff Utd and be there or thereabouts 7th - 10th and just miss out is my prediction.
    I hope you're right, Gards. The thing I dread is us getting off to another bad start, because there are lots of Mowbray-doubters, waiting to pounce. Do you have this substantial block of negative supporters at PNE too?

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I sometimes think you are a bit TOO optimistic, Champs. We are involved only with Rovers, but there will be other teams with good sides, professional set-ups, and brilliant team-spirit. We had those things in D.1, and it still wasn't easy. I suspect this season's Championship is going to be a dog-fight, with lots of teams in contention.
    Dack is going to be a key factor, but we have to remember that the overall quality is going to be higher than anything he's experienced before. Also, his ability is more widely recognised now, and teams will be making plans to cancel him out.
    I tend to be cautious, and to be honest, if we are "W-16; D-15; L-15" at the end of the season, I will be pretty pleased. (That would have put us in 12th place, last season).

I will definately agree, I can be too optomitstic. In no way way am I expecting this, as I posted above the cautious sort of level will be 8-10th. That's with what we have now.
    I just want to factor in the players that will be brought in aswell. I think at least 3 more will come in. And that will be key. If they click, we just may suprise a few.
    I'm only basing my optimism on what he's been saying the last few days. We do need to get our skates on, as the full transfers, (we have two, seven figure offers down) need to be done by next Thursday. Loans can be done until a week, or two later.
    I still think he will bring in 2-3 up front. That's the priority. And I think he will get another centre half (with champ experience) We need 4 centre halves. We have to get one more in. And I think he will get in a keeper to actually push Raya for a place in the team. And let the Canadian lad go. Once a few come in, the Gladwins, etc will go out.
    It's certainly looking like Travis will be kept around the first team squad.
    Last edited by champs95; 01-08-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I hope you're right, Gards. The thing I dread is us getting off to another bad start, because there are lots of Mowbray-doubters, waiting to pounce. Do you have this substantial block of negative supporters at PNE too?

The other thng with that bad start, which never got mentioned. It wasn't the result down at Southend. We lost the best player in the division to a hamstring injury (and Dack was making his debut) and lost the best defender in the league (Lenihann) who didn't play again until late March. Once the other new players gelled, and Dack returned in late Sept/Oct time we really started to get going. The people who moaned didn't understand or take any of that into consideration. His slowly slowly approach once we got rolling worked. But that got questioned too?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)