+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Morecambe

Morecambe

It's the real thing on Saturday. All the bookies have got Morecambe for the drop. Historically, that would suggest a narrow 1-0 victory for the away team. Will history repeat itself? Can we get off to a good start (we always dip in winter)?
    If we are to do anything this season we will need to be comfortable against sides from the bottom end of the table. However, has our defence grown in ability/confidence? We'll find out beginning this Saturday! Let's have a big turnout -to compensate for the fact the opposition probably won't be bringing that many
    Whatever happens, I don't think we have a lot of goals in us as I don't think we are direct and quick enough. I'm going (optimistically) for 1-0 to us but.......

Lets be optimistic there are 3 points there for the taking, there are some games where you don't expect too much but Morecambe at home is not one, I don't for one moment believe it will be easy but I agree likely to be won by a single goal 1-0 Crewe.

On paper it should be a comfortable win but there will have to be a massive improvement on the Blackpool game.
    Yes I know it was only a friendly, and yes we got a 1-1 result but IMO we were poor. No closing down, no tackling, lack of movement.
    , and more than a yard too slow. Really boring game.

Only a few positives for me. George Ray was excellent. Bowery made some really good runs and as usual worked tirelessly, and on that showing Nichols looks as if he has goals in him

Come on... It's tomorrow!!!!!

Apart from the first 15 minutes when I don't think we touched the ball in the opposition's half, I think the Blackpool match was quite promising. What was worrying was the lack of inclination in some players to shoot within sight of goal. Ainley and Bowery (twice) being the most obvious. The first opportunity for Bowery was lost because he wanted too many touches when he should have volleyed it. Ainley's lack of shooting was a bigger mystery- why not shoot when you're 15 yards out with a full view of the goal??? Lowery did this a couple of times last season. I'm hoping that they are being told to shoot.
    Overall, we took control of the second half against Blackpool. With a bit more urgency we might have taken advantage of the 'domination'.
    So shooting practice should be the order of the day for tomorrow!

Well football has a habit of raising different opinions, and without it forums would not exist. Looks like we were at totally different games For you promising, and for me so poor it was scary. Keeping my fingers crossed that it was not a sample of what we are going to get this season.

It's great being a pessimist. I said the Alex don't seem to have a lot of goals in them and straightaway they score 6.
    Morecambe were quite poor but on this occasion we actually took advantage of it. All credit to the lads for keeping going. Many a time last season we eased off after taking a lead or attempted 'game management' sometimes with dire consequences.