+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Away to Leeds

I've only seen short clips on TV but it seems their entire game goes through Samuel Saiz in midfield. Nullify him and it may well break up their play. Five across the middle would or should crowd his game style/pattern.

They will have enough on their plate trying to control Vassell and Smith at the other end.

Have Ajayi playing out of skin again like yesterday and all may well not seem as bad as being predicted.

£37 is only 5 pints down Wickersley

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    £37 is only 5 pints down Wickersley
    Ferk me over £7 a pint, remind me not to drink where you drink.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Was told they had moved away fans to a better position, can’t confirm that yet.
    Last time was disgusting especially for disabled and their carers.
    Rob Dogs charging the price they are.
    Negative. Still poor for away fans Casper

Given the start they've had, I do fear one of the biggest of hidings in this game. Conceded early and it could end up a cricket score...

Every players will have to be right on top of their game to keep it respectable

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    16 year old is old enough to work, get a job an be a man. Prices are extortion full stop but 16+ is classed as an adult so why have to put them in a different price bracket. An as for students....
    They're not allowed to buy beer in a pub though!

Sorry about the prices, and as to where the moneys gone, email Ken Bates. New owner has bought the ground so it will probably improve - slowly - but priority is getting to the prem.

I was wondering how you thought you’d approach this game, Park the bus or what? Who should Leeds be worried about?

You’ve probably picked a bad time to play us as we’ve started well, playing the best I’ve seen for well over 10 years. It’s true we have had a tendency to fade during the season but I think it’s less likely this season (I could say why but don’t want to bore you).

If you park the bus that might be a test for us, so far we’ve played the pre season favourites Stoke and an expensive Derby team away, both of whom tried to outplay us (and failed). I don’t know how we would handle a team simply trying not to lose. We don’t have big musclemen up front so we can’t batter the door in, might be an interesting challenge if that’s what you do.

I saw a comment about Sais. It’s true when I watch us away (I go in the home stands) the home crowd fear him the most, but the problem with just marking him tight is we have other players like Pablo Hernandez who can take over the playmaking.

Be interested in any comments.

Quote Originally Posted by 2020visionofleeds View Post
    Sorry about the prices, and as to where the moneys gone, email Ken Bates. New owner has bought the ground so it will probably improve - slowly - but priority is getting to the prem.

I was wondering how you thought you’d approach this game, Park the bus or what? Who should Leeds be worried about?

You’ve probably picked a bad time to play us as we’ve started well, playing the best I’ve seen for well over 10 years. It’s true we have had a tendency to fade during the season but I think it’s less likely this season (I could say why but don’t want to bore you).

If you park the bus that might be a test for us, so far we’ve played the pre season favourites Stoke and an expensive Derby team away, both of whom tried to outplay us (and failed). I don’t know how we would handle a team simply trying not to lose. We don’t have big musclemen up front so we can’t batter the door in, might be an interesting challenge if that’s what you do.

I saw a comment about Sais. It’s true when I watch us away (I go in the home stands) the home crowd fear him the most, but the problem with just marking him tight is we have other players like Pablo Hernandez who can take over the playmaking.

Watching Leeds against Derby they looked excellent. In answer to your questions, you shouldn't fear any of our players and we wont park the bus as we dont have one!

We need to avoid another Brentford result

Quote Originally Posted by 2020visionofleeds View Post

Having watched your two opening games then I’d say you don’t have to worry about anything, best Leeds side I’ve seen in a long time, still early days and that but I’ll be very surprised if your not in the top two end of season, my prediction is Swansea top so you’ll have to settle for 2nd.

I just hope we don’t get hammered, a point would be a surprise, 3 points will be ecstatic

Perhaps you could give players a rest for this game and give the youth a chance? 😂
    Last edited by millertop; 13-08-2018 at 07:15 AM.

Adverts are annoying on here

We’ll play the second choice players in the mid week cup game, against you I’d be amazed if Bielsa doesn’t pick the team that started against Derby, more or less. Mind you squad is now quite strong, players like Bamford and Pontus can only get on the bench.

Sometimes in this league there are big surprises, so the form might say an obvious Leeds win but it might not be, at least might not be a walkover anyway. I’m hoping you play differently to Derby and Stoke as I’d like to see how we cope with that

Good luck anyway (but not too much obviously )

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast