+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Scott McKenna

I wouldn’t boycott but I’d understand those that would. Personally, I’d rip the pish right out the league & the SFA. Completely undermine it, making the whole thing more worthless than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by amp View Post
    Easy to suggest that on this forum - most posters here never go to the games anyway. Just sit and moan all day about the stadium, team and manager.

Actual fans go to the games without reading all the dross on here so this suggestion is probably not a good one.
    To suggest most folk on a forum don't go to games is absolute horsesh1t.

All I'll say is this....if you moan about the SFA and think they're cheating c***s, then stop f*****g moaning if you feed the monster.

For the record, I'm on a forum, I go to games, and I won't be going to Scottish cup ties, even a final if we got to it.
    Scotland games I've not attended since the cheating EBT years that the c***s ignored and did f**k all about.

F**k the SFA - hit them in the pocket.

The best publicity we could give to their cheating would be for us to get to a Scottish Cup final and to refuse any tickets.
    An even better step would be to take the tickets & pay for them, but not sell them. The publicity for 20,000 seats being empty in a Cup final, and reasons made known as to why would say more than any sh*tey "we're disappointed" statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Can’t see a boycott working. There’s loyalty points to be picked up
    DNA = Do Not Attend (Scottish Cup matches)

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Which stadium are we moaning about? A forum is all about giving opinions and some are going to be positive and some are going to be negative. If you want entirely positive then you'd be better reading (because you won't be able to contribute) the club programme
    Agreed - it was a nonsensical post

Easy to suggest that on this forum - most posters here never go to the games anyway. Just sit and moan all day about the stadium, team and manager.

Actual fans go to the games without reading all the dross on here so this suggestion is probably not a good one.
    Suppose your offering to pay the transport costs of the posters that no longer live near Aberdeen ?

Name:  imagesJYP529NQ.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  6.5 KB

Unfortunately the issue is neither will the club not the chairman it's with the ridiculousness of what is clearly a pathetically biased and unaccountable panel. Starving the team we support is counterproductive and plays into their hun biased agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by ItzMillerTime_Dons View Post
    Thanks and I think you are right with the difference. From memory the English FA have not been captured previously (I think on the basis that the state would’t assume the same role if the FA didn’t exist) but the Scottish review system is wider and more flexible.

I’ve since seen Mciness’ interview on Redtv and it seems the club was going down the “exceptional” grounds and why these didn’t apply but I’m still none the wiser as to how the act of serious foul play was missed by all the officials.
    It was just a clumsy challenge. No intent to injure a yellow card at most.

however that doesn't seeem to be the rules anymore. I must say they were stretching it to deem it seriously foul play particularly when it was witnessed by the referee. It would seem you are now allowed to kick someone off the ball like Morelos and McGregor as long as it's not too hard. I

This ludicrous rule needs changed to take it out of being a discretional thing for the baboons on the panel of at least be given a right to appeal to a panel elected by the clubs who require to be transparent in their deliberations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    It was just a clumsy challenge. No intent to injure a yellow card at most.

however that doesn't seeem to be the rules anymore. I must say they were stretching it to deem it seriously foul play particularly when it was witnessed by the referee. It would seem you are now allowed to kick someone off the ball like Morelos and McGregor as long as it's not too hard. I

This ludicrous rule needs changed to take it out of being a discretional thing for the baboons on the panel of at least be given a right to appeal to a panel elected by the clubs who require to be transparent in their deliberations.
    Exactly what I would say, there was no intent or malice in the tackle, no longterm injury, just looked worse than it was and to be honest the only player complaining was Scott Brown who has a duty to get any advantage he can for his team, the game up here is screwed to the point now that there is no need for refs to give out bookings when some guy watching a video decides who is going to be the next culprit whenever it takes his fancy, the appeals process isnt what it says, this is a very one sided process which is trying to derail any challenge to the Hun/Tim juggernaut.

I just thought I would take another look at the Judicial Panel Protocol, which the SFA introduced this season To quote from their statement of 14th September, issued after the fuss surrounding decisions ...

“One key change that was made was in respect of unseen offences of serious foul play and violent conduct. As of this season, the match referee is no longer asked to provide a statement of opinion. This removes any perceived conflict where the match official is placed in the position of reassessing their original decision.

“Instead the Compliance Officer asks a three-person panel to review whether a sending off offence occurred. Only where all three individuals agree that a sending off offence occurred will a Notice of Complaint be raised."

So... this confirms that the alleged offence should be "UNSEEN" by the match officials. I'm sorry, but this can in no way be applied to the McKenna challenge. Bobby Madden was barely ten metres away, and signalled no foul immediately, and definitely saw the challenge.

It also confirms that the Compliance Officer asks the panel of ex-referees to investigate. I presume this means that she watches every match in detail, to see if such an offence has occurred. Quite a task, one might think. Surely she cannot be influenced by comments from players or managers. Any such comments made by them would surely be construed as trying to influence the compliance officer, and potentially be subject to censure from the SFA.

I am at a loss to see how this decision has been arrived at within their own new rules and protocol. They have not followed the rules - whether the tackle was a sending-off offence or not, it was SEEN by the official(s) so therefore has nothing to do with the Compliance Officer. In fact I seem to remember the very same argument being used when there was no action taken against Alan McGregor or Stephen Naismith this season, also under the new protocol, in that the official had SEEN the alleged offences, so no action could be taken.

It is interesting to read that the complaint is now listed as PROVED on the SFA website, although no reasons are up yet. Presumably the reasons will be similar to when we appealed the Devlin sending-off... something along the lines of we must back up our match officials and there is no clear mistake made.... Oh, wait... that won't work!

It would be good if the fans and or the club could make our feelings clear... 1.FC Union Berlin fans did so well at a match I was at a few years ago:
    Name:  union B.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  66.4 KB

I hope it works as I've never uploaded a picture! (Translation from German available)

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast