+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott McKenna

Scott McKenna

There’s a lot of speculation about the loon, so probably deserves its own thread.

Scott McKenna: Swansea enquire about Aberdeen centre-half

So just an enquiry, no offer.

Should simply be told we are not looking to sell as on long contract unless they make an offer that cannot be turned down.
    Last edited by afc1903mad; 01-08-2018 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Make the hyperlink obvious

I dont think he will go as he seems pretty grounded going by an interview in todays EE. In a rare stick up for McInnes here i reckon if he stays it will be down to how hes been treated by the manager. Especially when he had his heart scare.

Why blue by the way?

Be a slap in the face for the dna folks
    if they sell to someone like sawansea for a relative pittance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I dont think he will go as he seems pretty grounded going by an interview in todays EE. In a rare stick up for McInnes here i reckon if he stays it will be down to how hes been treated by the manager. Especially when he had his heart scare.

Why blue by the way?
    The hyperlink was not obvious when I first posted, so edited it to make clear.
    I maybe should have underlined as well.

I agree the loon seems level headed, he’s young, relatively inexperienced and still has a lot of potential to progress.
    Money talks though and it might swing his head.

Not convinced about Swansea. They have potentially a very good coach, but why sell a CH for £15M and presumably want to replace with a cheaper option.
    It would make you think they are not as ambitious as Fulham
    However, if they think McKenna is better than the Mawson lad, then they should be prepared to stump up accordingly

Never realised it was a hyperlink

I think he knows himself its a huge gamble to go. Tonight he mentions "in the next few years" which he also said when the Scotland captaincy hype was on the go. I think he will stay a couple and learn the game more then do one and earn us a bit of cash

I would hope he doesnt go, no matter the transfer fee, from 1 million or up to 10 million there is only one place the money will be going and its not going back into the team.
    Players cant be allowed to be sold to pay for a new stadium.
    McKenna is at a club where there is no real pressure to achieve nothing bar a decent league position and decent cup runs, why would a young lad want to put himself in a position where his every move will be annalysed.

I like McKenna - but wonder what the reaction would have been had Considine or Reynolds or Taylor or O'Connor had allowed Vokes to turn and bang in that goal.

If he wants to go and we get a good offfer - good luck to him. How much is a good offer? £7m?

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    I like McKenna - but wonder what the reaction would have been had Considine or Reynolds or Taylor or O'Connor had allowed Vokes to turn and bang in that goal.

If he wants to go and we get a good offfer - good luck to him. How much is a good offer? £7m?
    There was a huge element of Luck with Volkes goal.
    If it hadn’t hit Hobon on the shoulder, it would not have landed perfectly for Volkes to swing a boot at it.

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post

That's a bit unfair IMO.

The deflection (Devlin?) allows the ball to land kindly for Vokes.

NB I'm not blaming Devlin either.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    There was a huge element of Luck with Volkes goal.
    If it hadn’t hit Hobon on the shoulder, it would not have landed perfectly for Volkes to swing a boot at it.
    But it did and he was caught out with the ball ending up in the net. Not having a go, but good offer should be taken. He'll want to go and he has signed the extensions doing his bit. He'll want his 15 grand a week and why not.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast