+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Al's pre-season message.

Quite a heartfelt message there big Al, the attendances were definitely up last season and its a shame we couldn't keep the run going and get out of this horrible division, it does look like Al and KN have gone kamikaze this season and it's all or nothing... we should have an idea come 5pm sat evening whether we are on the right track... it's such a long time since I have been excited about a new season starting and that's testament to the brilliant job by the 2 guys mentioned and everyone else behind the scenes.

It is very pleasing to read such positive comments on this thread, although understandably tempered with some nervousness.
    We are blessed to have a chairman in AH. who is also an ardent supporter. We have come a long way in a short time, and it is to be hoped that Kevin Nolan and his players are able to reward the faith that AH. has placed in them.

We have to give this team chance to learn to play together as well, let's not get too hysterical if we have a slow start as let's face it Nolan doesn't know our best starting eleven yet.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    We have to give this team chance to learn to play together as well, let's not get too hysterical if we have a slow start as let's face it Nolan doesn't know our best starting eleven yet.
    I find it totally inexplicable that he'd split his first teamers across two teams for the last friendly of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    I find it totally inexplicable that he'd split his first teamers across two teams for the last friendly of the season?
    Agreed I'm also worried Nolan quite frankly hasn't got a clue who to play and what formation. I think he'll play Vaughan for certain but who to go along side him? We're all thinking we need a battling centre mid still but we have an abundance of ball players who we might call weak in the tackle. Will he play Thomas, Enzio or Kellet on the wings? I think could Kellet play in centre mid? Are Hawkridge and Allesandra going to enhance the team, reports are both have been playing better pre season than last. Kellet used to be a left back so should be able to tackle and has great energy so could break up play and bring the ball forward, I would see if he could be the ball winner in the middle. Are we going to see Hemmings and Dennis together up front?

The defence is as it was which some won't be happy about but they did alright last season.

I know we have a great team in there somewhere but will we see enough of it to go up this season? I think we'll make the playoffs certainly whatever happens but as for automatic then I think that's still up in the air.

This pre season seems to have gone the same way as last season, KN never played the team that started at Coventry if i recall right (and we all know what happened there).
    I went to Luton and could not believe my eyes, we played 11 squad members with only 4 youngsters on the bench, and no second goal keeper.

Attendance's last season were insane. It's probably inevitable that they will be lower this season even if we do well, because we've lost two sides who brought among the biggest followings. 6k would be very decent against Colchester, who won't bring many.

Nolan did unbelievably well to keep us up two seasons ago, and last season was above and beyond for the most part, but it's a completely different kind of pressure he's under now and we need a reasonably strong start. I don't think hanging around the bottom half of the table would be tolerated for long. With Fword getting their act together, we can't be spending more than another season at this level. This will be the 4th campaign in the basement since relegation under Derry/Moniz.

I am amazed at your negative attitude! Life is about today and tomorrow, not yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by macstop View Post
    This pre season seems to have gone the same way as last season, KN never played the team that started at Coventry if i recall right (and we all know what happened there).
    I went to Luton and could not believe my eyes, we played 11 squad members with only 4 youngsters on the bench, and no second goal keeper.
    Believe, believe !!

Notts played against Carlton Town on the same day. See team below.

Culverwell, Osborne, Hall, Bird, Dunn, Howes, Husin, Crawford, Hawkridge, Dennis, Stead + subs

P.S. Pindroch is injured, hence no 2nd goalkeeper

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    It is interesting that for about as long as I can remember the clubs' seasons have mostly mirrored each other, so we do well, they do well, we do badly, they do badly. We can look back on a decade of missed opportunity to catch up and no doubt will be made to pay for it by their promotion bid this season.
    So true. When they dropped down to the third tier, we were fannying about in the bottom division with players like Brian O'Callaghan and Andy White.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast