+ Visit Preston North End FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Weekend 1 2018/19

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    So what are the chances of the Barnsley & Burnsley dingles meeting each other then, on the opening day in August next year ?.
    Thatís cheeky Acido
    You boys are certainly on it this season and look good with the Pompey boys for going up. My daughter reckons Leeds will blow it but I am not so sure and who knows what us Nobbers will do. It would be nice to play with 11 men for the full game and I have no right to say dirty Leeds.
    What about you Dingles Alfi will you start to refocus now your out of the Europa comp or has the poor start going to make it a relegation dog fight

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    34,307
    A dogfight,no doubt about it Gards.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,169
    Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    A dogfight,no doubt about it Gards.
    Burnley may improve, Barnsley starting to slide a bit but I think auto promotion will be a fight (Bfud are looking at the other end this year, I watched them at Blackpool yesterday, oh dear) - PNE need to get their act together soon or again in trouble - Leeds, I keep waiting for it all to go wrong; Millwall will be one to win, then we have the K-enders visiting on Tuesday, no doubt thinking they can repeat the cup win - I hope not but sods law says they will get a lucky win.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,612
    I don't know about sliding a bit Cal, although we are throwing some games away at home which we should be winning thats for sure.
    But we're third and are still unbeaten so far, and I would have happily taken such a good start to the new season at that time when we were relegated last season.
    As for Bradford, who is or who was Mikey Collins ?. lol

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I don't know about sliding a bit Cal, although we are throwing some games away at home which we should be winning thats for sure.
    But we're third and are still unbeaten so far, and I would have happily taken such a good start to the new season at that time when we were relegated last season.
    As for Bradford, who is or who was Mikey Collins ?. lol
    Then along came Coventry - joint 6th now matey - your next four games are hardly easy, win them all and start believing

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,612
    Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Then along came Coventry - joint 6th now matey - your next four games are hardly easy, win them all and start believing
    But we havent won away at Cov in about 90 years, back in the days when Alfie was a ****ager.
    I still think we'll be there or thereabouts this season though.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    But we havent won away at Cov in about 90 years, back in the days when Alfie was a ****ager.
    I still think we'll be there or thereabouts this season though.
    Too early to say - the only thing that is definite at the moment is how bad Preston are - some of their players gave up tonight, good job we were below strength

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,612
    Sounds pretty poor from the Nobbers tonight to be honest.
    Nothing is won or lost at this early stage of the season Cal, but Leeds are looking surprisingly good at the moment.
    Last edited by Acido; 18-09-2018 at 10:47 PM.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Sounds pretty poor from the Nobbers tonight to be honest.
    Nothing is won or lost at this early stage of the season Cal, but Leeds are looking surprisingly good at the moment.
    You're right there mate but PNE are doomed at the moment, they only had one player who impressed me a bit, Barkhuizen had a go now and again. They keep playing Johnson year in but he has never done much to impress.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,612
    Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    You're right there mate but PNE are doomed at the moment, they only had one player who impressed me a bit, Barkhuizen had a go now and again. They keep playing Johnson year in but he has never done much to impress.
    Well lets ask our 'host' on this thread eh... Gards matey, what about those Nobbers this season eh ?.
    Alex Neill was a player with us in the early 00's, and at times he was a tricky little attack minded midfielder/winger.
    But I was surprised to see him get the manager role at Naarich when he did, and even more so when they got rid of him because he wasn't doing that badly there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •