+ Visit Preston North End FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend 1 2018/19

Weekend 1 2018/19

Welcome back lads and hope you have all had a crackin summer. Well Alfi I see you have the Dons tomorrow night before the real European tours start. Good luck matie and good away result to set it up nicely at the Turf.

Leeds are starting off with a toughie at home to relegated Stoke and we have QPR at home so hoping for a positive start to the season.

Barnsley start there adventure in League 1 with a home game against Oxford so again I am sure the Tykes will want a positive start in Div 1.

Good luck chaps

Thought I should check in on here seeing how Gards made a visit to the promised land earlier.

It's still early days but we are looking good, let's see how things stack up at Xmas, I suspect we will pick up injuries quickly as opposition players get frustrated at our new style of play. We saw a little bit of it with Derby and think it will get worse.

THOR where are you.

Leeds charging ahead at the top of the table(well nearly) ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Leeds charging ahead at the top of the table(well nearly) ..
    Quite a few games to play still in August, not least against PNE (we will have to get the children out of the academy for that one). I can't see it lasting for us, not being cynical, but i am expecting some rough treatment for our boys in some of the games to come so by Xmas we will be a bit light.

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    Welcome back lads and hope you have all had a crackin summer...
    Barnsley start there adventure in League 1 with a home game against Oxford so again I am sure the Tykes will want a positive start in Div 1. Good luck chaps
    Tahh Gards, and yes we've definitely been positve so far, 3 wins and a draw, and NO goals conceded in the 4 games. I know we did lose 3-1 away at the Blacky orange Lashers in the Ludicrously sponsored League Cup thing, but nobody cares about that do they when promotion is the genuine early season hopes/expectations.

I think Gards is still in shock from PNE's performance of late; he'll come out to play post the Leeds game.

Apologies lads it’s great to see the fab 4 back posting again. There won’t be many players on the pitch tonight that played last weekend from both sides but a good run out from players not really getting full games. The way Leeds are playing at the moment I don’t see anything else but a home win however it is a chance to give the likes of Barker and Storey a decent run out.

Acido you must be happy with your boys at the moment and a great comeback at Scunny with your mob going mental behind the goal as well as down the side as you seemed to take plenty

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    Apologies lads it’s great to see the fab 4 back posting again. There won’t be many players on the pitch tonight that played last weekend from both sides but a good run out from players not really getting full games. The way Leeds are playing at the moment I don’t see anything else but a home win however it is a chance to give the likes of Barker and Storey a decent run out.

Acido you must be happy with your boys at the moment and a great comeback at Scunny with your mob going mental behind the goal as well as down the side as you seemed to take plenty

I had PNE down to win 2 -1 so wasn't far off. Perhaps the team you turned out for the cup game should start today. Our game last night was entertaining, I'd predicted 0 - 0 for that one so nearer the mark. Millwall in a fortnight hopefully we will return to thrash mode.

K - Ender today against Bolton, no chance Parky's mob will stuff you, unless you've made some big changes

Leeds and Barnsley are going up this season,you heard it here first.. We are going down and Nobbers and rovers are staying put ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Leeds and Barnsley are going up this season,you heard it here first.. We are going down and Nobbers and rovers are staying put ..
    So what are the chances of the Barnsley & Burnsley dingles meeting each other then, on the opening day in August next year ?.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)