Get your very own personalised Sutty's Place gifts!
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Weekend 1 2018/19

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,066

    Weekend 1 2018/19

    Welcome back lads and hope you have all had a crackin summer. Well Alfi I see you have the Dons tomorrow night before the real European tours start. Good luck matie and good away result to set it up nicely at the Turf.

    Leeds are starting off with a toughie at home to relegated Stoke and we have QPR at home so hoping for a positive start to the season.

    Barnsley start there adventure in League 1 with a home game against Oxford so again I am sure the Tykes will want a positive start in Div 1.

    Good luck chaps

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,922
    Thought I should check in on here seeing how Gards made a visit to the promised land earlier.

    It's still early days but we are looking good, let's see how things stack up at Xmas, I suspect we will pick up injuries quickly as opposition players get frustrated at our new style of play. We saw a little bit of it with Derby and think it will get worse.

    THOR where are you.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33,377
    Leeds charging ahead at the top of the table(well nearly) ..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,922
    Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Leeds charging ahead at the top of the table(well nearly) ..
    Quite a few games to play still in August, not least against PNE (we will have to get the children out of the academy for that one). I can't see it lasting for us, not being cynical, but i am expecting some rough treatment for our boys in some of the games to come so by Xmas we will be a bit light.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,010
    Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    Welcome back lads and hope you have all had a crackin summer...
    Barnsley start there adventure in League 1 with a home game against Oxford so again I am sure the Tykes will want a positive start in Div 1. Good luck chaps
    Tahh Gards, and yes we've definitely been positve so far, 3 wins and a draw, and NO goals conceded in the 4 games. I know we did lose 3-1 away at the Blacky orange Lashers in the Ludicrously sponsored League Cup thing, but nobody cares about that do they when promotion is the genuine early season hopes/expectations.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,922
    I think Gards is still in shock from PNE's performance of late; he'll come out to play post the Leeds game.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,066
    Apologies lads it’s great to see the fab 4 back posting again. There won’t be many players on the pitch tonight that played last weekend from both sides but a good run out from players not really getting full games. The way Leeds are playing at the moment I don’t see anything else but a home win however it is a chance to give the likes of Barker and Storey a decent run out.

    Acido you must be happy with your boys at the moment and a great comeback at Scunny with your mob going mental behind the goal as well as down the side as you seemed to take plenty

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,922
    Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    Apologies lads it’s great to see the fab 4 back posting again. There won’t be many players on the pitch tonight that played last weekend from both sides but a good run out from players not really getting full games. The way Leeds are playing at the moment I don’t see anything else but a home win however it is a chance to give the likes of Barker and Storey a decent run out.

    Acido you must be happy with your boys at the moment and a great comeback at Scunny with your mob going mental behind the goal as well as down the side as you seemed to take plenty

    I had PNE down to win 2 -1 so wasn't far off. Perhaps the team you turned out for the cup game should start today. Our game last night was entertaining, I'd predicted 0 - 0 for that one so nearer the mark. Millwall in a fortnight hopefully we will return to thrash mode.

    K - Ender today against Bolton, no chance Parky's mob will stuff you, unless you've made some big changes

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33,377
    Leeds and Barnsley are going up this season,you heard it here first.. We are going down and Nobbers and rovers are staying put ..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,010
    Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Leeds and Barnsley are going up this season,you heard it here first.. We are going down and Nobbers and rovers are staying put ..
    So what are the chances of the Barnsley & Burnsley dingles meeting each other then, on the opening day in August next year ?.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    So what are the chances of the Barnsley & Burnsley dingles meeting each other then, on the opening day in August next year ?.
    Thatís cheeky Acido
    You boys are certainly on it this season and look good with the Pompey boys for going up. My daughter reckons Leeds will blow it but I am not so sure and who knows what us Nobbers will do. It would be nice to play with 11 men for the full game and I have no right to say dirty Leeds.
    What about you Dingles Alfi will you start to refocus now your out of the Europa comp or has the poor start going to make it a relegation dog fight

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33,377
    A dogfight,no doubt about it Gards.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,922
    Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    A dogfight,no doubt about it Gards.
    Burnley may improve, Barnsley starting to slide a bit but I think auto promotion will be a fight (Bfud are looking at the other end this year, I watched them at Blackpool yesterday, oh dear) - PNE need to get their act together soon or again in trouble - Leeds, I keep waiting for it all to go wrong; Millwall will be one to win, then we have the K-enders visiting on Tuesday, no doubt thinking they can repeat the cup win - I hope not but sods law says they will get a lucky win.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,010
    I don't know about sliding a bit Cal, although we are throwing some games away at home which we should be winning thats for sure.
    But we're third and are still unbeaten so far, and I would have happily taken such a good start to the new season at that time when we were relegated last season.
    As for Bradford, who is or who was Mikey Collins ?. lol

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I don't know about sliding a bit Cal, although we are throwing some games away at home which we should be winning thats for sure.
    But we're third and are still unbeaten so far, and I would have happily taken such a good start to the new season at that time when we were relegated last season.
    As for Bradford, who is or who was Mikey Collins ?. lol
    Then along came Coventry - joint 6th now matey - your next four games are hardly easy, win them all and start believing

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,010
    Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Then along came Coventry - joint 6th now matey - your next four games are hardly easy, win them all and start believing
    But we havent won away at Cov in about 90 years, back in the days when Alfie was a teenager.
    I still think we'll be there or thereabouts this season though.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    But we havent won away at Cov in about 90 years, back in the days when Alfie was a teenager.
    I still think we'll be there or thereabouts this season though.
    Too early to say - the only thing that is definite at the moment is how bad Preston are - some of their players gave up tonight, good job we were below strength

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,010
    Sounds pretty poor from the Nobbers tonight to be honest.
    Nothing is won or lost at this early stage of the season Cal, but Leeds are looking surprisingly good at the moment.
    Last edited by Acido; 18-09-2018 at 10:47 PM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Sounds pretty poor from the Nobbers tonight to be honest.
    Nothing is won or lost at this early stage of the season Cal, but Leeds are looking surprisingly good at the moment.
    You're right there mate but PNE are doomed at the moment, they only had one player who impressed me a bit, Barkhuizen had a go now and again. They keep playing Johnson year in but he has never done much to impress.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,010
    Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    You're right there mate but PNE are doomed at the moment, they only had one player who impressed me a bit, Barkhuizen had a go now and again. They keep playing Johnson year in but he has never done much to impress.
    Well lets ask our 'host' on this thread eh... Gards matey, what about those Nobbers this season eh ?.
    Alex Neill was a player with us in the early 00's, and at times he was a tricky little attack minded midfielder/winger.
    But I was surprised to see him get the manager role at Naarich when he did, and even more so when they got rid of him because he wasn't doing that badly there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •