+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Holmes

Holmes

gone on loan to Oxford

we really didn't give Tufty much to work with in January did we?!?! thank Jebus we appear to have had a MUCH better summer

Shame that as I liked the lad, and feel he wasnt given an opportunity.

That said, onwards and upwards.......

Holmes who.....

Whatever the reason, he just never got going here. Now he's been overtaken by our fast improving squad. Never mind mate, enjoy Oxford. GLTTL.

Yes enthusiasm is there

Unfortunately tho he has this tendency to run down blind alleys, so not convinced about his end product

Good luck to him tho, he's done nothing wrong

Got found out in the Championship. I fear the same for Leonard too.
    Last edited by GuancheBlade; 03-08-2018 at 02:00 PM.

I think its very hard to judge him on the 5 appearances he has made for us. I saw him against Inter and liked his energy and attempts to pull them out of shape. Obviously he hasn't quite made it in CW's eyes - but its fine margins and I hope he returns and gets a second chance with us.

Always sad when a player doesn't work out for reasons that are not his own fault
    And it's always a relief when somebody who doesn't give a toss pi55es off somewhere else.

If we'd struggled last season he might have got more game time and eventually started to become consistent, but he wasn't going to replace anybody already in the team. It's very difficult to adjust when your not playing regularly

It's what happens when there's an obsession for signing "COVER PLAYERS"