+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nolan's press conference

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    The meaning is different. They are not interchangeable. This explains it well...
    https://writingexplained.org/everyon...one-difference
    Aargh!! I've just re-read what was written in context. Bigger error than us playing 1 up front at home. He's lost what bit of credibility he had left with me. Kudos.

Wouldn't dream of it your honour. I simply HAD to take the shot this time
    Some people just seem to look for an argument for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    It's an obligation to gush with blind optimism on the eve of the big kick-off, no matter what the circumstances are. You can't fault Hardy for his backing, there is good reason to be optimistic but then it's in the back of the mind that Nolan has won only 7 of his last 22 games, which goes all the way back to mid-January, so in that respect there is going to have to be a very significant improvement on what we've seen so far this calendar year.
    How is Durham right?
    He said last season we were relegation fodder, then he said we would freefall out of the playoffs. He was wrong with every prediction. We win a game he says nowt, we lose a game it’s the ‘I told you so’ spiel.
    Playoffs was a huge progression from the season before but Durham just looks for any shred of negativity he can find and filters out the rest.
    It’s hardly rocket science to support a basement league football club and constantly declare we’re not very good!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    How is Durham right?
    He said last season we were relegation fodder, then he said we would freefall out of the playoffs. He was wrong with every prediction. We win a game he says nowt, we lose a game it’s the ‘I told you so’ spiel.
    Playoffs was a huge progression from the season before but Durham just looks for any shred of negativity he can find and filters out the rest.
    It’s hardly rocket science to support a basement league football club and constantly declare we’re not very good!
    I've noticed durham often contradicts himself in his relentless quest to find a bit more negativity. I think we all remember reading how he rubbished most of the squad last season, from our geriatric strikeforce to our slow defence, but when he wanted to have a dig at Nolan he then claimed "a decent manager would have won the title with this squad"! He provides a bit of entertainment value, but his knowledge of League 2 football is sadly lacking for someone who apparently attends every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I've noticed durham often contradicts himself in his relentless quest to find a bit more negativity. I think we all remember reading how he rubbished most of the squad last season, from our geriatric strikeforce to our slow defence, but when he wanted to have a dig at Nolan he then claimed "a decent manager would have won the title with this squad"! He provides a bit of entertainment value, but his knowledge of League 2 football is sadly lacking for someone who apparently attends every game.
    Playing Devils Advocate, Durham was actually correct in his assessment that our aging S&S combo up front would NOT gain us promo....in fact, if Nolo had not eaten a fair slice of humble pie, and recalled Forte to the side, he would also have been correct in that we were nose-diving into mid-table obscurity......IMO.....apart from that, I agree he can be a bit negative, but at least he attends both home and away games, so he has the right to moan to his heart's content if he feels it's valid.

ps Does anyone else think that Nolo looks ill?....I've noticed it before, always red-faced and sweaty presumably from training with the lads, but it looks suspiciously like high blood pressure to me.....in his latest interview he was sporting a heavily bloodshot right eye.....he might need to calm down a bit if it's the training
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 03-08-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Playing Devils Advocate, Durham was actually correct in his assessment that our aging S&S combo up front would NOT gain us promo.
    In that case, what about his other claim that "this squad would have won the title with a good manager"? Were our ageing strikeforce not up to the mark, or were they a title winning combination and the manager was no good? You have to choose one or other.

In that case, what about his other claim that "this squad would have won the title with a good manager"? Were our ageing strikeforce not up to the mark, or were they a title winning combination and the manager was no good? You have to choose one or other.
    Maybe he meant rotating the squad at the right time and in the right games ie resting S&S and playing a bit of pace up front in Forte?

"This squad" lost to Barnet and Chesterfield (both relegated) plus Grimsby in the run-in......but managed to make the play-offs!......slightly bizarre end-of-season IMO

Whose fault was that, the manager? the players? the system?....I suggest it's a mix of all three....Nolo is still a new manager and learning, the playing staff have changed dramatically and "hoofball" has a time and place, hopefully not every game from now on.

Ahem... 'every one' please Sidders Sorry couldn't resist old chap. Such a rare opportunity.
    Sid caught out again?

This is getting rather regular now,

A decent manager would not have played them two together, as it clearly didnt work. And neither did playing both Hawkridge and Allessandra, as both are no more than none league rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    A decent manager would not have played them two together, as it clearly didnt work. And neither did playing both Hawkridge and Allessandra, as both are no more than none league rubbish.
    I wouldn't disagree with you on Hawkridge but I happen to think Lewis is not that bad, not that good either.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast