+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nolan's press conference

Nolan's press conference

Says Kellet and Oxlade-Chamberlain are the only injury worries for Saturday.

Also interestingly says Duffy is captain for the time being... Does this mean Duffy could be going or that we have a new player lined up?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post

Also interestingly says Duffy is captain for the time being... Does this mean Duffy could be going or that we have a new player lined up?
    Id go for a new player coming in. If Duffy was leaving you wouldn't even give it to him for the time being, you go straight to Toots or Vaughan. To me it suggests we are trying to bring in someone who may take the captaincy on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post

22 mins of Nolo's thorts, pre Colchy: You may need a free subscription to view.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/ifollow/

It could just be the time being because Hall might take his place in the side?

Duffy should have gone with Dicko, plenty of effort but not blessed with an inclin of pace.

Duffy is dreadful captain. Overly quick to point his accusatory finger when someone else makes a mistake. When he does, which is almost every week. He puts his head down and seems to avoid the responsibility. Not a leader!!!! And a pretty poor footballer to boot. I really don't get Nolan's thoughts here.

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    Duffy is dreadful captain. Overly quick to point his accusatory finger when someone else makes a mistake. When he does, which is almost every week. He puts his head down and seems to avoid the responsibility. Not a leader!!!! And a pretty poor footballer to boot. I really don't get Nolan's thoughts here.
    I agree. Who can forget that ridiculous scene in a home game late last season where Jon Stead had to run half the length of the field just in time to stop Duffy getting himself sent off after already getting a booking for dissent? That's not leadership or passion on Duffy's behalf, it's stupidity, indiscipline and selfishness. Not to mention Duffy's pathetic habit of falling to the ground grabbing his face to try to win free kicks, which cost us a goal at one point. He does not deserve to be captain, either on the basis of performances or behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I agree. Who can forget that ridiculous scene in a home game late last season where Jon Stead had to run half the length of the field just in time to stop Duffy getting himself sent off after already getting a booking for dissent? That's not leadership or passion on Duffy's behalf, it's stupidity, indiscipline and selfishness. Not to mention Duffy's pathetic habit of falling to the ground grabbing his face to try to win free kicks, which cost us a goal at one point. He does not deserve to be captain, either on the basis of performances or behaviour.

Well thats Nolan for you..He has no idea whats going on..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Well thats Nolan for you..He has no idea whats going on..
    I despair. He saves us from relegation, gets us into the playoffs, signs some quality players, and you're still moaning. The season hasn't even started yet.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I despair. He saves us from relegation, gets us into the playoffs, signs some quality players, and you're still moaning. The season hasn't even started yet.
    We should without any doubt have got promoted last season. After being Seven points clear in second place he ballsed it up big time in the transfer window which cost us dearly. He has once again failed to address the problem of having a ball winner in midfield. The midfield players we have signed are good in respect of what they can do, but none of them have the ball winning qualities that we need to be successful in this div . This feature will once again cost us ..As will playing Stead, which no doubt he will do..

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast