+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Season

New Season

With the league campaign starting this Saturday it is time to take stock of our status in the division.

Queens Team,
    Certainly the defence and midfield appear to be strengthened this season with some useful looking additions and added versatility. The signing of Harkins was a very unexpected but very much welcome surprise adding much need guile to the middle of the pitch and will be a great asset for Dobbie and Dykes to feed off. Marshall's return is also a bonus and Todd being signed up can only be a good thing too. We do however seem to lack support especially for the forwards and overall the squad does look incredibly threadbare so that injuries and suspensions may have a significant bearing on our campaign this year. Certainly looks an attacking set up and hopefully Stirling will chose this season to step up to the plate and show us all what he is undoubtedly capable of.

League Opposition,
    It looks an overall tougher level of competition this season with many of the bigger teams adding significantly to their already large squads and it is difficult to pick out a clear favourite for the title unlike some of the previous title races. I anticipate a very tight run thing this year with many teams competing for the end of season spoils with hopefully Queens firmly in the mix if we can keep clear of said injuries/suspensions. Few week teams in the Championship so every game will be a battle.

As ever when a new season starts I am full of optimism and with season ticket already bought I look forward to an exciting Centenary year.

Mon the South

Totally agree Spike!

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    With the league campaign starting this Saturday it is time to take stock of our status in the division.

Queens Team,
    Certainly the defence and midfield appear to be strengthened this season with some useful looking additions and added versatility. The signing of Harkins was a very unexpected but very much welcome surprise adding much need guile to the middle of the pitch and will be a great asset for Dobbie and Dykes to feed off. Marshall's return is also a bonus and Todd being signed up can only be a good thing too. We do however seem to lack support especially for the forwards and overall the squad does look incredibly threadbare so that injuries and suspensions may have a significant bearing on our campaign this year. Certainly looks an attacking set up and hopefully Stirling will chose this season to step up to the plate and show us all what he is undoubtedly capable of.

League Opposition,
    It looks an overall tougher level of competition this season with many of the bigger teams adding significantly to their already large squads and it is difficult to pick out a clear favourite for the title unlike some of the previous title races. I anticipate a very tight run thing this year with many teams competing for the end of season spoils with hopefully Queens firmly in the mix if we can keep clear of said injuries/suspensions. Few week teams in the Championship so every game will be a battle.

As ever when a new season starts I am full of optimism and with season ticket already bought I look forward to an exciting Centenary year.

Mon the South
    What a good summary

Off we go again and hopefully we prove the various bookies wrong who ( in the main) have us at 20 or 25 to 1 and in the bottom three with only Ayr and Alloa below us in the odds. Top three (in the main) are Ross County, Dundee Utd. and Partick Thistle. - come on Queens !

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Off we go again and hopefully we prove the various bookies wrong who ( in the main) have us at 20 or 25 to 1 and in the bottom three with only Ayr and Alloa below us in the odds. Top three (in the main) are Ross County, Dundee Utd. and Partick Thistle. - come on Queens !
    Yup off we go again with a degree of rational optimism, belief and unwavering support.

Would be great to start with an away win at Cappielow with Doyle and Harkins involved.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Would be great to start with an away win at Cappielow with Doyle and Harkins involved.

It would be great this , it would be good that

Change the record you zoomer
    Last edited by arrol1919; 03-08-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post

Queens Team,

League Opposition,

Mon the South
    I think it’s one of the most difficult leagues for a long time to predict. Queens have a decent starting 11 but our bench isn’t strong enough. We need more signings which I imagine will come from loan deals

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    It would be great this , it would be good that
    Change the record you zoomer
    Why don't you change your record, then?

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    I think it’s one of the most difficult leagues for a long time to predict. Queens have a decent starting 11 but our bench isn’t strong enough. We need more signings which I imagine will come from loan deals
    Yes arrol we certainly look as though loan signings will once again be the way the club covers for the threadbare squad. For from ideal and means that we will be struggling come the end of the loan agreement as happened with the St Johnstone duo last January but simply a reflection on our financial status.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)