With the league campaign starting this Saturday it is time to take stock of our status in the division.

Queens Team,
Certainly the defence and midfield appear to be strengthened this season with some useful looking additions and added versatility. The signing of Harkins was a very unexpected but very much welcome surprise adding much need guile to the middle of the pitch and will be a great asset for Dobbie and Dykes to feed off. Marshall's return is also a bonus and Todd being signed up can only be a good thing too. We do however seem to lack support especially for the forwards and overall the squad does look incredibly threadbare so that injuries and suspensions may have a significant bearing on our campaign this year. Certainly looks an attacking set up and hopefully Stirling will chose this season to step up to the plate and show us all what he is undoubtedly capable of.

League Opposition,
It looks an overall tougher level of competition this season with many of the bigger teams adding significantly to their already large squads and it is difficult to pick out a clear favourite for the title unlike some of the previous title races. I anticipate a very tight run thing this year with many teams competing for the end of season spoils with hopefully Queens firmly in the mix if we can keep clear of said injuries/suspensions. Few week teams in the Championship so every game will be a battle.

As ever when a new season starts I am full of optimism and with season ticket already bought I look forward to an exciting Centenary year.

Mon the South