+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kipre bid coming?

Kipre bid coming?

Sources down south are stating that Wigan Athletic are about to make an offer for Cedric Kipre bid could be as high as close to £1 million. Don’t think we can refuse that kind of money,would be sorry to see him go

We'll bite that hand off I reckon. Good luck to Ced on his new journey. Personally, I think he'll be found out if he goes there and I'm cool with getting a Mill and a return of Tom Aldred if we can do that. Would pay off a large chunk of debt I reckon.

If the deal goes through I hope Martin Foyle gets a few bonus quids in his pay packet. 13 months ago he was an untried, untested trialist and after making a big contribution to our cup runs we may be able to cash in big time. Excellent work.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ric-Kipre.html

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...wigan-1m-deal/

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    Sources down south are stating that Wigan Athletic are about to make an offer for Cedric Kipre bid could be as high as close to £1 million. Don’t think we can refuse that kind of money,would be sorry to see him go
    I think we can. I'd be looking at a down payment of £1m minimum and then start discussing add ons.

A million plus add ons as a fee must put Kipre up there with our best signings of all-time if we get it.

Good luck to the big man but 1 million is something we can't turn down. A brilliant signing that brought us a very tidy profit. Anyway, Hartley and Aldred will be a pretty fearsome center back pairing.

Hartley may never return to the level pre-injury and Aldred apparently has no intention of coming to Scotland permanently.

I'm still not panicking until the end of the transfer window...but we need a good few weeks if this isn't going to be a long, hard campaign.

[QUOTE=Handsome_Devil;38966316I'm still not panicking until the end of the transfer window...but we need a good few weeks if this isn't going to be a long, hard campaign.[/QUOTE]

That's it in a nutshell. Stephen Robinson had his work cut out for him over the next month because he needs to recruit shrewdly and quickly....and we could yet lose Cadden and Carson into the bargain. For all selling Kipre for that sort of money was a no brained and a good piece of business from the club, it represents another hammer blow to the first team heading into the new season.

Let's break this down. We go into Sunday's opener minus Campbell, Bowman and the now departed Kipre. We also have doubts over Carson, Cadden and McHugh. That is utterly disastrous and an already tough fixture just became even harder.

To be going into a new season with a building list of injuries plus having lost one key player and potentially losing a couple more in the next month is a terrible situation for the manager and the first team, because unless we get our signings absolutely spot on in the next few weeks then we are looking at a relegation struggle this season.

I agree with the jist but I'd suggest Carson is already, effectively, gone and we're just waiting on the details of the bid being agreed. In practice we've already replaced him with a new first choice and have the promising kid, who proved himself (supposedly) at Airdrie last season on the bench. So the goalkeeping situation is actually quite calm and if Carson steals us a point or two before he leaves then it's a bonus.

I also reckon that the match against Hamilton will give us a much better idea of our season than Hibs. Losing at Easter Road, even quite badly, by no means implies we're not going to be stodgy enough to finish 10th but well clear of true trouble, especially given the sudden injury situation which couldn't really be foreseen.

Failing to beat Accies at home, however...

At the end of the day Jeff ... until the Hibbee game's played (and we see how our personnel fair), everything else is supposition. I'm really hoping their exertions in that Europa game gives us a fortunate and unpredicted advantage. A point this weekend would be a tremendous start.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)