+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With the squad we have right now

With the squad we have right now

How confident of survival in this league are you

Not very.

I think there are worse teams than us - Cardiff and Huddersfield to mention and i also think they'll be a couple of surprise teams that do very poorly.

However, we have a **** start and after 5 games we could be bottom with 0 points which i worry would make players heads drop. Particularly if Rafa is as dissprited as he sounded in last interview.

I think we can stay up but it's going to be a long hard slog to do so.

I know Rafa is professional and will do his job 100% (well, as long as he's here anyway...), but I worry that the players will be too aware of his dissatisfaction with Ashley and co., and that this might affect his and thus their mood throughout the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Not very.

I think there are worse teams than us - Cardiff and Huddersfield to mention and i also think they'll be a couple of surprise teams that do very poorly.

However, we have a **** start and after 5 games we could be bottom with 0 points which i worry would make players heads drop. Particularly if Rafa is as dissprited as he sounded in last interview.

I think we can stay up but it's going to be a long hard slog to do so.
    Agree with this also. Huddersfield I'm certain will go down.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    How confident of survival in this league are you
    I think we will be ok, lets not forget this squad finished 10th.The worry is that the negativity round the place will rub off on the players, who must be as sick as we are at the moment. They want to be at an ambitious club striving to win things, looking to strengthen regularily, they don't want to be fighting relegation every season ffs. If we get off to a bad start it could be a difficult season, part of me hopes we do go down, rafa walks, and the fat slug loses millions.The start of a new season and this is how I am feeling, beggars belief.I haven't renewed and wont until hes gone or better still died!

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    I think we will be ok, lets not forget this squad finished 10th
    True enough. But, it was touch and go for a long time and, imo, our squad is weaker whilst the teams below us have strengthened.
    Add to that the fact that, as said, the players will know that Rafa will be off which is bound to have a negative impact on squad morale and performances (and will affect the atmosphere in an increasingly negative way)...and you have, potentially, all the ingredients for a horrendous season.

Right little ray of sunshine, aren't I.

Finishing 10th took a massive effort and fantastic spirit, each and everyone of those players would have expected some kind of positive response from the club.

Now (Less than 3 months on) the squad is arguably weaker, and the players are having to fight the club to sort out bonuses again.

Rafa will have to be at his very best to raise our exceptionally average squad again.

I fear the worst.

(After listening to Rafa last night, I'm not even confident he will see the season out)

This smells identical to 10 yrs ago, when the transfer window broke Keegan and ultimately relegated us.

I do hope I am wrong.

We just wont score goals with what we have got now so were looking doomed already

New players give the squad a lift
    Big signings give everyone confidence
    Free players from relegated squads and signings no body had heard of can have a negative effect

As long as Fatman and Boy Blunder are there we will almost always be looking over our shoulder. I think Rafa might even walk before the end of the season, I wouldn't blame him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)