+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FM Sweepstake 1. Where will Derby finish the season?

FM Sweepstake 1. Where will Derby finish the season?

Right, cocks on the blocks time chaps.

In advance of tomorrow night's game, (the watching of which on our living room TV being my birthday 'present'), where do you think the team you love will finish the campaign?

Just a position please, we'll revisit this sometime between the last match of the season and the open top bus trip round town

Me? 1/Top/Champs

Anyone?

Me? 7/But good run in one of the cups

2nd behind WBA

There are so many sides to take account of this season. At least half of the division can lay a serious claim to a top 6 finish. I am of the opinion that, merely in a footballing sense, we are more than capable of winning the League.

In reality, I am acutely aware that teams like the DYS, 'Wall, Stoke and others will kick lumps out of any or all of our younger, faster and better youngsters like Lawrence, Wilson, Mount, Bennett, Thomas, Lowe, Bogle, Elsnik etc. I know they won't all be on the park simultaneously but I believe Wolves showed in the "friendly" what many teams will try on with Lawro etc this season. If we are to hit the auto places we will need some protection from the thugs by the refs. Based solely on us getting that protection............

We are goin up say we are goin up................... as Champs.

No referee protection would see us 5th or 6th.

4th...but ask me again when January has been and gone.

Some bullish statements floating around. Stoke trying to buy their way straight back up, Forest among others flashing the cash.

Play-offs would be good IMO as there plenty of sides in with a shout.

I'm just hoping that FL's influence makes an immediate impact and that we get off to a decent start.

Plenty of local derbies this year with Forest, Stoke, both Sheff clubs, Leeds, WBA, Brum and Villa.

Be a good division to watch again I think.

Come on Derby

far more interesting than the greed league, 7th is the ideal position to finish!

6th

You're all as mad as a brush, Derby 8th place finish with Forest 5th.

Swansea
    Brentford
    Automatic Spots

Derby
    Millwall
    Autos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)