+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Considine - Please Just Get Tae ƒuck

AC was ok today. Best player. Maybe but who else would be in the list of pass marks. We were f@cking rank

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Whilst Cosgrove was on the pitch, we were hanging high crosses to the back post, it reminded me on how ineffectual Scotland were when we played Duncan Ferguson. Cosgrove might be handy as a sub when we're chasing the game but he's not a regular first XI player in my book...
    I actually thought the exact same thing with regards the Duncan Ferguson and Scotland comparison. As soon as you have a big guy up front the temptation is just to lump the ball up to him. We've got 2 of the best wide players in the league - we should be getting the ball to them in the final third and letting them put it in the box, not smashing balls up through the middle for some giant to flick on to nobody, or pumping long diagonals out to two of the smallest players in our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    AC was ok today. Best player. Maybe but who else would be in the list of pass marks. We were f@cking rank
    I think that assessment is spot on. He's at best an average defender who will cost us goals every season. For instance he was certainly no better than Mikey Devlin yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I think that assessment is spot on. He's at best an average defender who will cost us goals every season. For instance he was certainly no better than Mikey Devlin yesterday.
    Devlin is a very decent defender and will get even better the more he gets fitter and matches played. A good purchase from Dodgy Del as long as the lad fully gets over his injury nightmare. I was reading his post match reaction and he was pleased to come through the match without an injury. The team will need his leadership experience at the back especially due to the injury of his pal McKenna.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Devlin is a very decent defender and will get even better the more he gets fitter and matches played. A good purchase from Dodgy Del as long as the lad fully gets over his injury nightmare. I was reading his post match reaction and he was pleased to come through the match without an injury. The team will need his leadership experience at the back especially due to the injury of his pal McKenna.
    Completely agree. Not too impossible to imagine him and McKenna being the Scotland central defence partnership at some point in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Completely agree. Not too impossible to imagine him and McKenna being the Scotland central defence partnership at some point in the future.
    Actually it is as they will have to play Jack Hendry because he sits on the bench at ra sellick.

When I joined this forum I posted regularly for a while, but I found that the negativity was really hard to take. So I seldom post any more. I suspect it may be why we lost so many of the regulars on here.

If you watch football and support any team from anywhere in the world you will see that every player, no matter who they are, makes mistakes. Why some of the people on here find a target and then get at them non stop, I am not too sure. At the moment Considine is the chief target followed by the manager.

I would like us to have a better left back. I think Considine is too slow and lacks the close control for that role. But I think he is a decent defender, and he works very hard to be the best that he can be for the club I support. Over his time at the club Considine has been played by various managers so it would seem that they agreed that he isn't a bad defender. Yet to read the posts in this thread you would think he was Darren Mackie on crutches. Would you prefer to have a wage thief in his place?

As the season goes on a number of people on here will single out a target and then basically post hate mail at that player. It's my considered opinion that you should be ashamed of yourselves. How would you like it if a group of people came to your work every day and told everyone who would listen how bad you are at your job? That's what you do. Hardly useful.

I would like us to have a better left back, but that doesn't seem to be a priority for the manager. So we just have to make the best of it. We have been second best team in Scotland for four years. Should have been the year before that too. I would prefer us to be best not second best, but the reality is that a couple of teams can spend more on one player than we would on the entire squad. Our staying anywhere near being in touch is down to the manager.

Speaking of managers, perhaps you guys would like to go back to pre 2014. Remember how that was? Who is it you think we would attract that is better than DM? We don't have a history of getting amazing managers.

Now you can yell happy clapper if you like, you probably will. Not too sure when happy became an insult. I am also not sure why anyone being positive is such anathema to you. I don't know why you cannot get behind the team you claim to support, but if you really want to behave like that I think you should shift your allegiance to the PJMs.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRed View Post
    I suspect it may be why we lost so many of the regulars on here.
    It was the adverts. The type, the fact there was so many of them & getting bounced to the App Store every time you logged in. A good few of them said as much when they did chuck it, many on the same day that Eoinal Jessi pointed out that SiBo was up to no good with your details.

It had nothing to do with what people perceive as negative posting. The worst of which by the way, is folk logging in to tell you how shyte the site is.

Anyway, back on topic. Big Consi, nice lad cack at football

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRed View Post
    When I joined this forum I posted regularly for a while, but I found that the negativity was really hard to take. So I seldom post any more. I suspect it may be why we lost so many of the regulars on here.

If you watch football and support any team from anywhere in the world you will see that every player, no matter who they are, makes mistakes. Why some of the people on here find a target and then get at them non stop, I am not too sure. At the moment Considine is the chief target followed by the manager.

I would like us to have a better left back. I think Considine is too slow and lacks the close control for that role. But I think he is a decent defender, and he works very hard to be the best that he can be for the club I support. Over his time at the club Considine has been played by various managers so it would seem that they agreed that he isn't a bad defender. Yet to read the posts in this thread you would think he was Darren Mackie on crutches. Would you prefer to have a wage thief in his place?

As the season goes on a number of people on here will single out a target and then basically post hate mail at that player. It's my considered opinion that you should be ashamed of yourselves. How would you like it if a group of people came to your work every day and told everyone who would listen how bad you are at your job? That's what you do. Hardly useful.

I would like us to have a better left back, but that doesn't seem to be a priority for the manager. So we just have to make the best of it. We have been second best team in Scotland for four years. Should have been the year before that too. I would prefer us to be best not second best, but the reality is that a couple of teams can spend more on one player than we would on the entire squad. Our staying anywhere near being in touch is down to the manager.

Speaking of managers, perhaps you guys would like to go back to pre 2014. Remember how that was? Who is it you think we would attract that is better than DM? We don't have a history of getting amazing managers.

Now you can yell happy clapper if you like, you probably will. Not too sure when happy became an insult. I am also not sure why anyone being positive is such anathema to you. I don't know why you cannot get behind the team you claim to support, but if you really want to behave like that I think you should shift your allegiance to the PJMs.
    Excellent post. It's a great pity that you don't post more often given the sense you talk here, although I totally get that constant negativity be certain posters makes you think, what is the point.

The adverts killed this place. Not negativity. Its a f@cking chatroom where opinions differ

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast