+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Considine - Please Just Get Tae ƒuck

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

As one of the ardent anti Considine forum members, can you not give credit that he has played well this season
    Read the quote. There is clearly credit to him where I say "He may have played well in the centre of defence as deputy to McKenna and fair play to him"

He is still the weakest defender in the team by a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Read the quote. There is clearly credit to him where I say "He may have played well in the centre of defence as deputy to McKenna and fair play to him"

He is still the weakest defender in the team by a long way.
    No need to make a veiled compliment and specify the centre of defence.
    He’s played well at left back this year as well.

Strangely he’s been one of our best defenders this season, arguably just ahead of Devlin on account of his crucial blocks and clearances.
    But you wouldn’t recognise that.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    It really pisses me off when he is shyte his fan club try to blame everyone else and want everyone to forget his catalogue of errors,well sorry I can’t because I’ve witnessed too much of them.
    Being objective doesn't mean you are in any fan club.

He’s played well at left back this year as well.

He played left back against Burnley away where he made plenty of mistakes (as noted above) and half an hour v sevco in one of the poorest team performances at Pittodrie in a while.

How can you come to that conclusion

He is our poorest defender

Quote Originally Posted by bpdon View Post
    Being objective doesn't mean you are in any fan club.
    Indeed. Being objective allows you to criticise when warranted and praise / defend when needed.
    I can't think of one left back in our league that would be better than him, Tierney aside as that is unrealistic.

Indeed. Being objective allows you to criticise when warranted and praise / defend when needed.
    I can't think of one left back in our league that would be better than him, Tierney aside as that is unrealistic.
    Shinnie

If Considine is one of the best left backs in the league there must be some terrible left backs at the other clubs.

For starters he isn’t even a left back,he is a centre back who plays more often than not at left back.Probably down to the club tradition of not playing an actual left back since David Robertson went to the dead club.

He played left back against Burnley away where he made plenty of mistakes (as noted above)
    And disputed above from a number of posters

and half an hour v sevco in one of the poorest team performances at Pittodrie in a while.
    Granted poor team performance (we can debate reasons for that, tactical, physical etc), but that aside, I note that you don't cite any individual errors

How can you come to that conclusion
    Very easily, I could cite a number of instances where he not only made crucial blocks and great defensive clearances as well as being a threat in the opposition box.
    He's also adapted and covered both positions.

Devlin has played really well.
    Ball has grown into the role in recent matches
    Shinnie is very good, but also put the team at risk on a couple of occasions whilst playing left back.
    McKenna, good in the 1 1/2 games he's played but out now.

He is our poorest defender
    Maybe, but he's outplaying the rest of the defence at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Shinnie
    Very good left back, but far more effective in midfield

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    If Considine is one of the best left backs in the league there must be some terrible left backs at the other clubs.

For starters he isn’t even a left back,he is a centre back who plays more often than not at left back.Probably down to the club tradition of not playing an actual left back since David Robertson went to the dead club.
    Can you name another Left Back in our league that you would target to replace Considine?

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast