+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Considine - Please Just Get Tae ƒuck

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    e

I'm going to bite. You my friend are an absolute disgrace . I know you are just
    Doing this to get a reaction but your poisonous comments are beyond the pale. You are just a keyboard warrior. If you came out with half the crap you come out with you in real life you know what would happen to you. And I would be first in the queue
    I wouldn't get too upset about it. RED_JOHN competes with Mason for resident miserablist (although there seems to be a real depth of competition for that trophy in the last few months) and you can take anything he posts with a pinch of salt.

I can only assume that he is an incredibly successful and accomplished individual assuming he holds himself to the same standards as he holds the team.

Andy has been a great club servant. He has never professed to being a great player but he has without question had some great moments and contributed to the club over the years.
    But like others as soon as a saw his name on the starting eleven I though ...oh dear I would preferred him as sub.
    I don't doubt his commitment never have, but I don't see him now as first choice. Perhaps, the penny will drop with DM now
    Don't like the savage title of the thread its far to harsh.
    But some things have to be said. He should now become a bench filler not an automatic starter

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    I wouldn't get too upset about it. RED_JOHN competes with Mason for resident miserablist (although there seems to be a real depth of competition for that trophy in the last few months) and you can take anything he posts with a pinch of salt.

I can only assume that he is an incredibly successful and accomplished individual assuming he holds himself to the same standards as he holds the team.
    I often wonder if the 'miserablists' and pant pishers set a high benchmark because they are so used tae followin Man U, Barca etc. ... jist sayin like ..

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Considine has his limitations but he has contributed as much as any player over the past 5 years. He's fine as a squad player as he has shown that he's more than capable against the weaker teams in the league. He's still a centre half playing at left back and it shows against better opposition. Given that we now have a few midfield options we could simply play Shinnie at LB in bigger games.
    As much as I don't think Considine is to blame for anything last night I have to disagree with you about him being a centre half. Anytime I've seen him in the centre he's actually looked worse.

Squad player yes, first pick centre half/left back, not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    As much as I don't think Considine is to blame for anything last night I have to disagree with you about him being a centre half. Anytime I've seen him in the centre he's actually looked worse.

Squad player yes, first pick centre half/left back, not for me.
    He started off as a CH but hasn’t played there is a while. Ranged from a total bomb scare to a safe pair of hands depending on who he was partnered with. Always seemed to do well alongside Anderson and even Ifill. I still get nightmares thinking of him playing alongside Diamond.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    As much as I’m no Considine fan, to blame him for the goal is showing a lack of understanding of the game.
    Jack Cork ran from midfield & wasn’t tracked.
    He had the run on Considine.
    It was good midfield play by a good player & a good move from a team who have more quality in the final third.
    That’s what £60m gets you compared to £200k.
    I agree with this. Considine was actually marking his own man and would have won the header in front of his own man had Cork not stolen in, completely untracked. Having said that, before that Logan came inside when he didn't have to which meant their guy on the left wing had acres of space and plenty of free time to pick out a good cross.

Considine can be blamed for a number of things over the years, last night was not one of them.

Again, if we're being picky, Shinnie and McKenna could both be blamed for the first goal.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    I agree with this. Considine was actually marking his own man and would have won the header in front of his own man had Cork not stolen in, completely untracked. Having said that, before that Logan came inside when he didn't have to which meant their guy on the left wing had acres of space and plenty of free time to pick out a good cross.

Considine can be blamed for a number of things over the years, last night was not one of them.

Again, if we're being picky, Shinnie and McKenna could both be blamed for the first goal.
    ^^^^^ far too sensible this post......without doubt Consi is a weak link and with that, opposition should target him, all day long in our last trophy success when Hayes went off injured he was brutally exposed, regardless he is an easy target for some on here much like our current coach and that will never change certain mindsets.
    SF

I have more than an element of sympathy for Andy Considine.
    He's not a Left Back (by his own admission), but that's the position he's being asked to play and he does so to the best of his ability.
    No question that leaves us vulnerable, but the failing's on the part of the manager rather than the player.
    With McInnes either unwilling or unable to recognise weakness this presents.

Was at the game last night so haven't had the chance to see the goals again so can't comment on whether he was ball watching or not (not instantly obvious at the game). Like most, my heart sank when I saw the line up before the game but to be fair to him I actually thought he had a decent game and not sure he was done for pace once. Having said that, if we are to genuinely progress to winning trophies we do need an upgrade on the left back position with Considine being the utility player on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Was at the game last night so haven't had the chance to see the goals again so can't comment on whether he was ball watching or not (not instantly obvious at the game). Like most, my heart sank when I saw the line up before the game but to be fair to him I actually thought he had a decent game and not sure he was done for pace once. Having said that, if we are to genuinely progress to winning trophies we do need an upgrade on the left back position with Considine being the utility player on the bench.
    Agree with your comments

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast