+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Considine - Please Just Get Tae ƒuck

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I wouldn’t let the everything is good at Aberdeen cult get in the way of you making observant points about how we could improve.
    Bruce Anderson should start next Saturday as he was genuinely the only player who had a go at the opposition goal. McInnes has positives but unfortunately his faults are holding the club back.

A question out of curiosity for every poster here...would Derek Mcinnes have any real reason not to start Bruce Anderson against Dundee ahead of May and Cosgrove?
    I reckon Anderson will start on the bench again.
    Yes he played well in the last 20 mins against a tiring SevCo team, but is he ready to start and lead the team.
    I don’t know yet.

Best to let him develop and come on again from the bench for the last 30 mins.

Don’t worry, if he maintains his performances, he’ll soon warrant the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Depends whose name comes out of the tombola.
    I have just rolled the "Bruce" tombola, lucky for us Bruce Jenner's name has been picked to play.

Quote Originally Posted by ObanRed View Post
    I have just rolled the "Bruce" tombola, lucky for us Bruce Jenner's name has been picked to play.
    Luckily he’ll be used to having balls flying at his head !!

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I reckon Anderson will start on the bench again.
    Yes he played well in the last 20 mins against a tiring SevCo team, but is he ready to start and lead the team.
    I don’t know yet.

Best to let him develop and come on again from the bench for the last 30 mins.

Don’t worry, if he maintains his performances, he’ll soon warrant the start.
    I agree that you think McInnes will start him on the bench. That itself is a worry as our 2 other strikers who have had a part to play in our last 3 matches haven’t come close to scoring..in fact have they actually mustered a shot on target?
    I prefer watching my team playing with a goalscorer in it. It’s not upto me though as McInnes earns good money making those decisions.

I wouldn’t let the everything is good at Aberdeen cult get in the way of you making observant points about how we could improve.
    Bruce Anderson should start next Saturday as he was genuinely the only player who had a go at the opposition goal. McInnes has positives but unfortunately his faults are holding the club back.

A question out of curiosity for every poster here...would Derek Mcinnes have any real reason not to start Bruce Anderson against Dundee ahead of May and Cosgrove?
    I think that its utterly pointless playing Cosgrove in the favoured 4231 formation as he doesn't have the poaching instinct for balls played from the two wide players and even if he does win the high balls punted from the back, GMS and McGinn are usually too wide to benefit from the knockdowns. So with our current squad we either need to play May or Anderson as the 1 and given May's recent performances I think there would be nothing to be lost playing Anderson as the 1.

Given that we will likely have Shinnie and Ball as full backs (assuming Hoban still out) and therefore likely Ferguson and Gleeson as the 2, that would leave either May or Forrester to play the "10" position, neither of which fills me with much confidence. My vote would therefore be to go with a 442 formation for a change and I would play Cosgrove and Anderson up front

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I think that its utterly pointless playing Cosgrove in the favoured 4231 formation as he doesn't have the poaching instinct for balls played from the two wide players and even if he does win the high balls punted from the back, GMS and McGinn are usually too wide to benefit from the knockdowns. So with our current squad we either need to play May or Anderson as the 1 and given May's recent performances I think there would be nothing to be lost playing Anderson as the 1.

Given that we will likely have Shinnie and Ball as full backs (assuming Hoban still out) and therefore likely Ferguson and Gleeson as the 2, that would leave either May or Forrester to play the "10" position, neither of which fills me with much confidence. My vote would therefore be to go with a 442 formation for a change and I would play Cosgrove and Anderson up front
    4-2-3-1 will be our formation on Saturday. We only really ever go with 2 strikers when we are chasing a match. I detest that formation because the way we play it we rely on 2 sitting midfielders being instrumental in setting up attacks. I would much prefer a formation that we don’t have as many defensive players since we are playing the likes of Dundee etc and not Real Madrid. The 4-2-3-1 is a lazy manager’s formation in Scotland as they generally try just to make their teams difficult to score against rather than be positive and try and pepper the opposition goals with shots and dictate a strong attacking approach.
    We suffer negative results against decent opposition because of it but generally get better results against weaker opposition simply because they are worse on the defensive side of the game.

4-2-3-1 will be our formation on Saturday. We only really ever go with 2 strikers when we are chasing a match. I detest that formation because the way we play it we rely on 2 sitting midfielders being instrumental in setting up attacks. I would much prefer a formation that we don’t have as many defensive players since we are playing the likes of Dundee etc and not Real Madrid. The 4-2-3-1 is a lazy manager’s formation in Scotland as they generally try just to make their teams difficult to score against rather than be positive and try and pepper the opposition goals with shots and dictate a strong attacking approach.
    We suffer negative results against decent opposition because of it but generally get better results against weaker opposition simply because they are worse on the defensive side of the game.
    Sadly you will be right and the 1 will be Cosgrove. I do worry though as to where the goals are coming from and we will end up drawing games we have in recent history won like Dundee away, hope I'm wrong but we'll see

I think the idea of may going out on loan is a pretty good one, although I seriously doubt we will do it. Lending him to obne of the championship sides until January could help if his problem is partly confidence. Getting back in the habit of planting the ball in the back of the net may be all he really needs.

If it turned out that he couldn't score at that level either, then it would be bad news but better to find out than to indulge in endless speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRed View Post
    I think the idea of may going out on loan is a pretty good one, although I seriously doubt we will do it. Lending him to obne of the championship sides until January could help if his problem is partly confidence. Getting back in the habit of planting the ball in the back of the net may be all he really needs.

If it turned out that he couldn't score at that level either, then it would be bad news but better to find out than to indulge in endless speculation.
    A loan until the January window might kick start his scoring ability but only if we bring in 2 strikers. We can’t even source one, so Stevie May will stay put.

As this is the sort of Andy Considine watch thread, got to say he’s played pretty decent enough in the three games so far.

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast