+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Lewis

Personally I think he is a great goalkeeper and has been a fantastic signing but considering the happy clappers get slated for liking McInnes because he’s not McGhee you could say the same about Lewis because he’s not Langfield.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Personally I think he is a great goalkeeper and has been a fantastic signing but considering the happy clappers get slated for liking McInnes because he’s not McGhee you could say the same about Lewis because he’s not Langfield.
    No you couldn't. Lewis is one of the best keepers that's ever been up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    No you couldn't. Lewis is one of the best keepers that's ever been up here.
    Who signed him

Was it the guy who only makes sh1t signings?

Let me guess,he got lucky

Who signed him

I don't think anyone has ever claimed that

Its more they point out his miss rate far outweighs the hit rate

Who signed him

Let me guess,he got lucky
    Never claimed he only makes sh1t signings. Rooney, Logan and Lewis are three of my all time favourite players when I'm too old to have favourite players.

If you want to talk about Scott Brown though?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Never claimed he only makes sh1t signings. Rooney, Logan and Lewis are three of my all time favourite players when I'm too old to have favourite players.

If you want to talk about Scott Brown though?
    Maybe you didn’t but there are endless threads of people claiming he only makes shyte signings.

Anyway back on topic do you think Lewis is better than Clark,Leighton and Snelders?

Clark was before my time so I can’t comment on him but I reckon there is a chance Lewis is a better all round keeper than Leighton was.

Maybe you didn’t but there are endless threads of people claiming he only makes shyte signings.

Anyway back on topic do you think Lewis is better than Clark,Leighton and Snelders?

Clark was before my time so I can’t comment on him but I reckon there is a chance Lewis is a better all round keeper than Leighton was.
    You got to be trolling.......not a chance.

I don't but I don't think he's far off.

I can't work out why nobody else has been in for him (maybe they have I suppose).

I'd say there's an argument re: Theo, but Jim and Bobby.......no.

Big Jim would've had to adapt to the modern game, "steps" "sweeper-keeper" and the need for better distribution, but he'd have worked hard at it.

Bobby Clark, for me, was the best Aberdeen keeper I've ever seen and he was also ahead of his time in the way he played the position.
    In terms of his desire to distribute from the back and build play from deep, his comfort with the ball at his feet and his organisational ability.

He'd fit right into today's game....Big Jim would've needed to adapt.
    He was still a better keeper than Joe though, but Joe's right up there.

Controversial opinion on here but I thought Peter Kjaer was pretty shyte

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast