+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How has our business been so far

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Now the dust is settled, I am actually disappointed with our efforts during this transfer window. We did sign 2 quality players on permanent transfers and a couple of loans. We spend approx £10 million on the permanent transfer and then off set this with the sale of Vieira for close to £8 million.

The rumoured warchest was £10 million from season ticket sales & £10 million from investment, so at the moment I dont see the logic in selling Vieira as we should have still had funds available.

Also the media storm about all the players we were linked with then missed out on was hard to take, I know the stories may not have been true but it gave the impression we couldn't convince players to play for Leeds.

I know this sounds negative and I am trying not to be, but this transfer window has been very bizarre to say the least.
    Depends what you think we should/shouldn't have been doing during the window. Said at the end of the season that we needed to get rid of a lot of cr4p (and tbh didn't think we would be able to interest anyone in the sh1t we were saddled with). I've been proved wrong, and happy to say so. We have a smaller, more cohesive squad that is clearly more motivated, and whilst there will be challenges (and losses) to overcome, I honestly believe that Bielsa is doing what we all hoped for (and again, I didn't believe possible with the language issue), giving the players self-belief and a confidence that they haven't had for a long while.

Also said elsewhere that the constant rumour mill is just pure unadulterated bollox, and frankly delighted that the only statements we have had from the club have been to confirm a deal, not respond to f00kwit journos trying to make a story out of smoke and mirrors. Same goes for the "rumoured" warchest, and the players we were "supposedly" linked to. We don't really know who was linked for real, and won't ever, nor what funds were/are/will be available, so fact is what we deal with, and if a player decided they didn't want to play for Leeds, f00k em, they aren't wanted and they will regret not saying yes.

Will we do as well every match as against Stoke? Unlikely. Do we have a squad that can get past inevitable downs to get to the ups, I think so. This kind of roller-coaster ride I can get with, so can you

Bloody hell - I agree with all of that WTF!
    Agree pretty much with Rev's assessment so far too....

We need ****wit back to stir things up a bit methinks! [Saiz and Jansson still here amazingly eh?]

The point others have made about center back or lack of - Ayling has played center half earlier in his career and is a big enough lad to fit in there if needed - Berardi was originally brought in as a right back [Though hardly ever gets a game there] so a switch of those two could easily be accommodated if needed - dependant upon the oposition.

At least the season started last week with one of the best performances on an opening day that I can remember in my 50 years of supporting the lads - so a promising start... which is a lot more thn can be said [Lat season apart] for a good few years now.

Bring in a couple more class loans and I'll be a happy bunny....

And just to continue the mutual back-slapping, I agree (to a point) with your observations on Ayling and Berardi (who should be played where he does best, something not one of our previous coaches seems to have cottoned on to)

The "to a point"? Loanees. Not that bothered if we don't get any more. The benefit they may bring could well be outweighed by the disruption they will cause to a tight, cohesive squad, who have something money can't buy, team spirit. Prefer to see how things go up to Christmas (yes, a lot can happen and we could be up sh1t creek without a paddle, but I have a feeling we won;t be) and then see what needs to be done, and if it's working, don't fix it!

And on the tactics front, I think Bielsa is on my wavelength, (or I'm on his!) the best defence is attack.

It is what it is in this business, it don't matter what we think as the paying public its what the owner thinks, orta has a lot to answer for with his ineptness thus far, phillips would have been my 1st out the door, don't bother with your reply about how classy he is you know nothing about football if you think he's class, anyway its my opinion so have it, like it or lump it.
    We have to put up with what we get, every years the same, we all have differing views but ultimately the owner or as in our case a DOF will decide.
    We need a GK, CH, CM and centre forward, in laymans terms, the spine of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by lecter View Post
    It is what it is in this business, it don't matter what we think as the paying public its what the owner thinks, orta has a lot to answer for with his ineptness thus far, phillips would have been my 1st out the door, don't bother with your reply about how classy he is you know nothing about football if you think he's class, anyway its my opinion so have it, like it or lump it.
    We have to put up with what we get, every years the same, we all have differing views but ultimately the owner or as in our case a DOF will decide.
    We need a GK, CH, CM and centre forward, in laymans terms, the spine of the team.
    Chill fella, and whether you think Philips is good or bad means next tof00k all to me or most others. As you say, it is what it is.

Think one or two youngsters could push through this year - he played a fair number in pre season

We are fine at keep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)