+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Radio pig

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Hard to spin positives on whats happening at the bucket, isn't it? Compare CW's latest interview with Jos, and his 'embargo no comment'. (I don't think they are under embargo, unless its been imposed by Big Daddy Tuna on his idiot son.. ).

Mind you I had a quick look over the border the other day, and its poster after poster trying to find reasons why they are not in the shyte and wont have a shyte season. Any dissent is jumped on quickly, especially the one who pointed out in the famous customer survey, when they were asked 'Do you want us to keep prices high so we can spunk money or prices reasonable but we wont be able to buy players and will have to rely on bringing kids through', has pointed out they've got high prices from choice A, and shyte resources from choice B. Lordy, did he get a kicking!

Who was it sang 'The Kings of Wishful Thinking'?* They're relegation fodder.

*I know it was 'Go West'...
    Behave thissen Pops i heard 2 oinkers yesdi sayin they'll be disapointed if they finish lower than 2nd..UTCB

You carry on FKB....comedy fest gold at it's best......just listening to tufty's interview now..superb

What a fiasco......Have to say though, won't miss listening to Piggy Pearson, what an eejit he is.

Comedy Gold.

I tell thi' Rod, their first five games are against teams expected to finish in the bottom half (Wigan, Hull, Brentford, Millwall, Ipswich). If they don't have 10 points out of them they are in a relegation battle before we get to September...

Porktalk:

BBC Radio Sheffield will no longer carry live commentary of Sheffield Wednesday matches after the club refused to accept a reduction in fees for coverage rights.

The BBC asked all Premier League and Football League clubs for a 10 per cent reduction in fees for commentary rights for the 2018/19 season and Sheffield Wednesday was the only one to refuse

I can't see how they can be the only club out of all of the Prem and FL. Then again

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/to...-dont-like-us/

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    .... to all local clubs saying they would have to drop the fee by 10% everybody agreed except the pigs always thinking of their fans
    It appears it isn't just local clubs, its ALL clubs, the EPL and EFL, and there was only one who turned them down.

Still I suppose the logic will be 'thats another chunk of listeners for iFollow, and more cash to pay the electric bill'. Squeezing the piggies dry, thats their mantra. Come on piggy, pay till you squeal, then pay some more...

Haha we don't have to listen to that shower anymore

Mind you, I suppose I could've always just switched the radio off

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    It appears it isn't just local clubs, its ALL clubs, the EPL and EFL, and there was only one who turned them down.

Still I suppose the logic will be 'thats another chunk of listeners for iFollow, and more cash to pay the electric bill'. Squeezing the piggies dry, thats their mantra. Come on piggy, pay till you squeal, then pay some more...
    Their positive spin will be that Chansiri will be launching his own Radio Sheffield Wendy station sponsored by D Taxis and Degener8

So ****ing deluded unbelievable

"This will be the first time radio Sheffield have not commentated on our games.
    Disgraceful decision by the club and clearly aimed at milking the fans even more. Leaves a very sour taste.
    We are being well and truly ripped off."

there wasn't any live local footy commentary on loacl radio until the very late 80's at the earliest, radio Hallam used to do live commentary before Rad Sheff got it, they really do think the frigging world revolves around them.

Tubby Foster on case now.

Not sure if it's the full PL and EFL - BBC article just says 62 teams:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-45048514

Still hilarious though.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast