+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Starting X1 v the blue scum

Starting X1 v the blue scum

Hard to guess what the team will be given last nights game, the effort that went in, & extra-time etc.

We may see 2 or 3 brought in to freshen it up. Hard to say. Reckon DM will go with this.

Lewis
    Hoban Devlin McKenna Considine
    Ball
    McGinn Ferguson Shinnie GMS
    Cosgrove

Subs; Cerny, Campbell, Forrester, Gleeson, Wright, May, Anderson

Hard to see where the goals are coming from against a scum team that are now tighter at the back under Mr Super Injunction

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Hard to guess what the team will be given last nights game, the effort that went in, & extra-time etc.

We may see 2 or 3 brought in to freshen it up. Hard to say. Reckon DM will go with this.

Lewis
    Ball
    McGinn Ferguson Shinnie GMS
    Cosgrove

Subs; Cerny, Campbell, Forrester, Gleeson, Wright, May, Anderson

Hard to see where the goals are coming from against a scum team that are now tighter at the back under Mr Super Injunction
    Think we might see either Forrester or Gleeson start. Hopefully McGinn starts, as looked like he went off with a slight injury last night

Heard Slippy extolling the virtues of The Rat last night. If the latter thinks he's going to get off lighter this time around at the Pitt, he'd better think again. The tackle on May last time out has just cranked things up a notch.

Lewis
    Hoban Devlin McKenna Shinnie
    Ball Gleeson Ferguson
    McGinn Cosgrove GMS

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Think we might see either Forrester or Gleeson start. Hopefully McGinn starts, as looked like he went off with a slight injury last night

Heard Slippy extolling the virtues of The Rat last night. If the latter thinks he's going to get off lighter this time around at the Pitt, he'd better think again. The tackle on May last time out has just cranked things up a notch.

Lewis
    Hoban Devlin McKenna Shinnie
    Ball Gleeson Ferguson
    McGinn Cosgrove GMS
    Don’t thin McGinn was injured, just started cramping up.
    He was stretching out his calf’s before going off.

As good as he’s been, I can see Ferguson starting from the bench with Forrester staring.
    Hobon in at right back for Logan and Ball / Gleeson in Midfield alongside Shinnie.

That’ll be about all the changes I think

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Don’t thin McGinn was injured, just started cramping up.
    He was stretching out his calf’s before going off.

As good as he’s been, I can see Ferguson starting from the bench with Forrester staring.
    Hobon in at right back for Logan and Ball / Gleeson in Midfield alongside Shinnie.

That’ll be about all the changes I think
    Lewis
    Ball
    Forrester Gleeson Shinnie GMS
    May

Can't see McGinn starting as he looked absolutely wrecked. Ferguson just a young lad so think he may be rested too, although his confidence will be high after that goal. Got a feeling Cosgrove might get a break too as he did a lot of running up top on his own. Will be interesting to see how Forrester and Gleeson shape up - unknown quantities really.

Given Ferguson’s background, I think he would be well up for it and I would start with him. Very impressed with him so far.

Mcginn put in some shift last night, it's one of the best performances I've seen from him.

You know sometimes he has that mopey head down look about him and it's almost like he's just going through the motions but he was really on form. I just hope him and all our players can put that kind of effort in more regularly. I now what people say about professionals and recovery times, but it's got to have some effect playing at that intensity for some of our guys.

GMS was another one who can be a bit flaky but again seemed to have a new energy about him last night.

I'm more worried about where our goals can come from. Neither Cosgrove and May look like they could score in a brothel.

We played with none of that sort of energy and belief against the huns last season (other than maybe first half of the last game up here) so I'm expecting more on Sunday than last season.....

however the huns think they will turn us over because a) they have abetter team themsleves than last year and b) we will be knackered. we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by 81,82,83,84 View Post
    Mcginn put in some shift last night, it's one of the best performances I've seen from him.
    He did well, but I wanted him to take it to the byline more.
    Most times he cut back inside and played across the pitch.
    Not sure if he was confident he could outpace the full back.

Logan
    Gleeson-Devlin-McKenna-Considine
    Ball-Shinnie
    Forrester-May-Mackay-Steven
    Cosgrove