+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season's Eve

Season's Eve

First league game of the season tomorrow and I think we look a bit weaker than same time last year. Also, quite worried about our signing policy which seems to be based on 1 or 2 agencies with no real skill in Scottish markets.

I'm a bit old fashioned but i like when we scour the lower leagues for gems/bargains and then see them progress with us.

It looks like the manager has a limited contact book, but i hope i'm wrong and he has signed the world beaters we're looking for. Time will tell.

I just can't see where our goals will come from at the moment so predict a bottom 2 finish and out of both cups when we play SPL teams.

Shankland won't come and Ayr will knock back our 15k bid.

I'll go for 8th and reasonably comfortable.

Beat Ayr and get a good quarter final draw.

I think NM will see season out but won't stay beyond that if criticism becomes excessive.

It seems to me to be all about the system with NM and Gartland, not a bad thing if you can make the system work on a regular basis.

Think there's a good chance of Caulker and Kamara going before transfer window.

1-1 opening day of league season.

just hope the gaffer has finally got the squad up to speed as they will have their tails up tomoro,the game tomoro should and most prob will tell us what to expect this season,5th competitive game so no exuses,
    get into them
    DDYB

For the last 40 odd years I've always been optimistic apart from the season when the Huns went tits up and we were hung out ,but genuinely not sure how this will pan out ,either struggling at the bottom cause we cant score or go on a Killie type run and make top 6 ,no idea....

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I'll go for 8th and reasonably comfortable.

Beat Ayr and get a good quarter final draw.

I think NM will see season out but won't stay beyond that if criticism becomes excessive.

It seems to me to be all about the system with NM and Gartland, not a bad thing if you can make the system work on a regular basis.

Think there's a good chance of Caulker and Kamara going before transfer window.

1-1 opening day of league season.
    Are the odds on this any better than the low score predicted for the open winner or the cut off score for the final day. Really really hope you are wrong about Caulker and Kamara.

Was trying to remember what things were like in the old days. Players were bought and sold throughout the season and it seemed to me that there was relatively little movement of players compared with the large clearouts we see, almost half yearly. Wonder what problem the transfer window was supposed to solve. Is the situation today better than it might be if the transfer window was abolished.

If we avoid relegation it will be very good achievement this season
    The reason for this downbeat ecpectatipn is that we have a worse squad than last season and look like we will struggle up front again.
    Really really hope I’m wrong

def a worse squad than last year and the Home games will be as bad as the last few years but there is nae danger we'll be relegated with St Mirren&Livi in the league

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Was trying to remember what things were like in the old days. Players were bought and sold throughout the season and it seemed to me that there was relatively little movement of players compared with the large clearouts we see, almost half yearly. Wonder what problem the transfer window was supposed to solve. Is the situation today better than it might be if the transfer window was abolished.
    In the old days players were either retained at the end of the season, put on the transfer list or received a free transfer. It was a lot easier back then for a manager to build a team which Willie Thornton initially did before Bob Shankly took over and the 1961-62 League Championship winning team consisted of ‘Thornton’s babes’ plus Bob Shankly’s signings such as Bobby Seith, Bobby Wishart and Gordon Smith.

This time last season we had no idea how bad the squad was - same this season so for that reason I'm not saying the squad is worse - surely tae **** it cannae be?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)