+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Mikey Devlin

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I would have thought Halkett a more realistic call up than Devlin who was 1 game back from injury
    Halkett is rank...he couldn’t lace Devlin’s boots.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I would have thought Halkett a more realistic call up than Devlin who was 1 game back from injury
    Clarke was at the Hearts game on Saturday so he must have been so impressed by Halkett he decided to call up Devlin instead.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    What about Devin himself ?..... If we stopped him from going , there’s every chance we’d have an extremely pissed-off player on our hands.

It’d also send out a message to other potential signings that we might stand in their way of an international call-up
    Who said anything about stopping him going? I certainly didnt.

Clearly we're not going to stop players going when called up - & I'm sure Devlin is chuffed to bits himself.

Doesn't mean its the best thing for AFC though given his recent injury situation though does it...

Sooner international football is stopped the better. Absolutely pointless exercise that gets in the way of our domestic season.

If they'd of kept it to midweek games that didn't interrupt the flow of the season I could ignore it but these international break weekends are an abomination.

Qatar World Cup. Effectively shutting down domestic competition for a month in the middle of the season. **** that.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Who said anything about stopping him going? I certainly didnt.

Clearly we're not going to stop players going when called up - & I'm sure Devlin is chuffed to bits himself.

Doesn't mean its the best thing for AFC though given his recent injury situation though does it...

Aye , fair comment , min.

There was one poster , redtaz , said that we’re too soft and implied that we shouldn’t have allowed Devin to go. But on reflection most of the other negative comments are more along the lines of saying it’d be “just our luck” or typical if he gets injured when he’s with the Scotland squad.

Where he'd still run the risk of being injured.
    We get compensation if he gets injured with Scotland. Milne probablly drove him down

Aye , fair comment , min.

There was one poster , redtaz , said that we’re too soft and implied that we shouldn’t have allowed Devin to go. But on reflection most of the other negative comments are more along the lines of saying it’d be “just our luck” or typical if he gets injured when he’s with the Scotland squad.
    yup and i stand by that , look at the situation with tiernay and i recall scott brown and " super ally" both had injuries for non attendance / selection then played the following Saturday

Devlin will be in good shape coming back from the Scotland squad and much better mentally after seeing how you don’t defend from Mulgrew and Cooper. I don’t think it will be long at all before you see him and McKenna in central defence for both Aberdeen and Scotland.

Some positive news on Devlin as he is back in light training on grass, still a fair bit to go but this has to be considered as positive for him and the club.
    When fully fit and if we can keep him fully fit Mikey Devlin will be one of the best central defenders in the league, keeping him fit is the challenge,
    Good luck min and hope to see you back fully fit in the not too distant future.

Onwards and upwards

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Some positive news on Devlin as he is back in light training on grass, still a fair bit to go but this has to be considered as positive for him and the club.
    When fully fit and if we can keep him fully fit Mikey Devlin will be one of the best central defenders in the league, keeping him fit is the challenge,
    Good luck min and hope to see you back fully fit in the not too distant future.

Onwards and upwards
    I fear for the future of David Bates once Devlin is fit. He is a far more accomplished defender than Bates.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast