+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season Ticket Trouble

Season Ticket Trouble

I see there's issues with season tickets, some are not going to be sent out ahead of Sunday's game...

What a shambles the ticketing at the club can be at times.

I remember getting a "free" ticket from the club for a league cup game a couple of seasons back.

That worked out well - card didn't work and they had to confiscate my card before letting me in.

Ive been told mine will be "recharged" lets see

Maybe just as well that I don’t have a season ticket...losing against the huns would drive me mental and it would end up fired onto the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Ive been told mine will be "recharged" lets see
    E-mails have just gone out saying "a small number" of people have been affected... I wonder how small as someone just contacted me to say they had the same e-mail.

Have to collect from the stadium tomorrow or Sunday am.

Blaming their providers as usual, ignoring the fact that they chose their providers.

And why can they not be geared up to issue the ****ing ST cards WHEN YOU BUY THEM, rather than 2-3 months later?

I got my one yesterday, my loon has not. A bit of a shambles really. However, come hell or high water, we will be there.

According to e-mails the club sent out on Friday night "a small number" of ST holders were affected.

I arrived at the RDS around 11:30 on Saturday to find a queue of 20+ people and a polling station type arrangement in place with half a dozen staff members and boxes full of envelopes - I'd estimate at least 1,000. And that's a couple of hours after opening time.

They were offering complimentary pie and drink vouchers for the inconvenience, but they weren't available: "they should be here soon if you'd like to wait". I left without bothering with them.

It's obviously all a bit last minute, as some of the transaction receipts I saw had printout times of 07:40 on Saturday morning.

I'm really not sure why the ticketing process is so hard for them to manage effectively. Season tickets could have been printed and encoded months ago in some cases. Why leave it until the day before the first game of the season?

I take it that if you haven't moved your season ticket seat, then you use last season's card?

I tried to call the ticket office this morning for confirmtion of that, but the automated telephone system is fecked.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    I take it that if you haven't moved your season ticket seat, then you use last season's card?

I tried to call the ticket office this morning for confirmtion of that, but the automated telephone system is fecked.
    I didn't move my seat but was still required to collect a new card.

From listening to some of the chatter, it seems only those who have not signed up for AberDNA have been affected.

I phoned them this week and they told me that last seasons's card would work provided I

Hadn't changed seat (No)
    Hadn't changed price bracket (No)
    Hadn't signed up for DNA (No f'uckin chance)

So I expect both my grandson and myself to have trouble free entry into Pittodrie tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I phoned them this week and they told me that last seasons's card would work provided I

Hadn't changed seat (No)
    Hadn't changed price bracket (No)
    Hadn't signed up for DNA (No f'uckin chance)
    All three apply to me (unless you count them removing the B&G option from sale this season a change of price bracket).

Yet I needed a new card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast