+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DUFC v the pars *MATCH THREAD*

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    There aren't any teams to fear in this league... if we had a good manager, however we have Csaba so wouldn't be surprised if they end their 15 game winless run v Utd today, more likely 1-1 though
    Disrespectful.
    With the best manager in the world there are 9 teams to fear in this league.
    Like it or lump it we are where we are & that is in a very competitive & dare I say interesting Championship.
    General opinion is that there are 8 teams with their eye on promotion & if Alloa or Ayr do a St Mirren then make that 10 teams.
    There will be lots of highs & lows, twists & turns & I for one am thoroughly looking forward to it.

You don't half waffle some nonsense these days

How is it disrespectful to say there are no teams to FEAR in this league? It's a fact, not one team we have to fear, they are average sides at best

I'm well aware how competitive the league is, that's why I and many others are predicting a 3rd-6th place finish, you need to have a decent manager to win this league that can motivate and get the very the best out of what he has, Sevco didn't win it spending millions because McCoist is a crap manager for example

It would be disrespectful to think we can win the league with a clown as manager, most Utd fans know we can't

United have a good home record, so going for a home win.

This season we should be looking to win most away games, a few draws away from home are acceptable - but we really need to be winning most games.

The record to aim for this season is keeping clean sheets, building up a great home record and winning most away matches.

Overall, I would say no more than a maxim of 3 defeats this season is what we need to be aiming for.

We are Dundee United and the players need to wear the strips with pride.

Only a few years ago it would have been United Vs Burnley rather than Aberdeen !!!!

Lets go.

All I want is 100% effort and to take the game to Dunfermline today.
    If we do this and get beat fair enough, had enough of our team getting bullied and outfought.
    Also the fans must get behind the team until the final whistle.
    Shedka is right, the teams in this division are average, but they have good spirit and we must match them for that in every game.

1-1.

Always love going to the first game of the season. Looking forward to it.... cautiously so. Let's get the ball rolling and some positivity!

Think 3 defeats is optimistic. Thats not an opinion about us as a team - St.Mirren won it fairly comfortably last season with 8 defeats and I think it will be more competitive this time with more teams taking points off each other. I think any team with less than 7 defeats is likely to win the league ( but draws may be a big factor this time round also).
    Last edited by Noddydog; 04-08-2018 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Spelling

If (and it's a big if) the players deliver to their capabilities and the manager sets the team out to move the ball quickly and take the game to the opposition then we shouldn't fear anyone. The reality is however that we are a soft touch and until that's sorted we should treat everyone with respect.

Looks like a 442 with Clark and Curran up top.

Rakovan
    Wardrop Frans Edge Robson
    Stanton Rabitsch Barton Loemba
    Curran Clark
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 04-08-2018 at 01:05 PM.

Ht 1-0

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)