+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - Brentford v The Millers

Quote Originally Posted by ThryberghMILLER23 View Post
    As ive stated before " there is no place in football for sentiment", The best managers dont want friendship, they want results. Get best players playing.
    Have we got any "best players"

Steve Evans got slated for not giving the players who got us promoted a chance to prove themselves at a higher level.
    Paul Warne gets slated for giving the players who got us promoted a chance to prove themselves at a higher level.
    Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Steve Evans got slated for not giving the players who got us promoted a chance to prove themselves at a higher level.
    Paul Warne gets slated for giving the players who got us promoted a chance to prove themselves at a higher level.
    Interesting.
    Most of the players who got us promoted were the ones who made a record points total in our last championship campain, i love Warne and hope he can turn it around quickly but he needs to get this mates a chance crap out of his system and think of the bigger picture.

sentiment was in place when he sent purrington out on loan. 90% of millers fans thought he (purrington) would be the better championship fullback. mattock was the weak link last time in the championship. what has changed?

wood is everything a league one player should be and nothing a championship player should be yet he gets contract extension..

taylor hasnt been defending for the past 18 month and Emmanuel became the better defender when Williams played in front of him. wonder why ....

newell has 1 good game a month. he may look good against lesser players in league 1.. championship defender will keep him in there pocket 9 out of 10 games...

sorry but if we go to january window with vaulkes and palmer in midfield, we will be relegated by the end of january.....

when we said last season who should be kept for the championship most knew we needed 10 players some said as little as 6 player...
    well warne could have bought 50 though if hes not going to play them then why bother...

last time i was this pizzed off with warne was the wimbeldon away game last season when he made the same stupid team selection...

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    sentiment was in place when he sent purrington out on loan. 90% of millers fans thought he (purrington) would be the better championship fullback. mattock was the weak link last time in the championship. what has changed?

wood is everything a league one player should be and nothing a championship player should be yet he gets contract extension..

taylor hasnt been defending for the past 18 month and Emmanuel became the better defender when Williams played in front of him. wonder why ....

newell has 1 good game a month. he may look good against lesser players in league 1.. championship defender will keep him in there pocket 9 out of 10 games...

sorry but if we go to january window with vaulkes and palmer in midfield, we will be relegated by the end of january.....

when we said last season who should be kept for the championship most knew we needed 10 players some said as little as 6 player...
    well warne could have bought 50 though if hes not going to play them then why bother...

last time i was this pizzed off with warne was the wimbeldon away game last season when he made the same stupid team selection...
    ^^^ this

Who'd be a football manager eh?
    And particularly one who gets minimal financial backing from the board.
    I suspect Paul Warne has once again been given a maximum wage budget to work to which means some players will have to go out before he can bring others in.
    It's interesting that not one penny has been spent on transfer fees so far this season despite the chairman saying lessons had been learned from last time we were in the Championship.
    Paul Warne will inevitably take the blame when things go wrong but it must be like trying to juggle soot when he is so restricted in the quality of player he is allowed to recruit.
    We knew it would be tough this season but criticism of the manager after one game is laughable.
    Bring on Ipswich and expect a few changes to the team.

I suspect Paul Warne has once again been given a maximum wage budget to work to which means some players will have to go out before he can bring others in.
    It's interesting that not one penny has been spent on transfer fees so far this season despite the chairman saying lessons had been learned from last time we were in the Championship.
    Paul Warne will inevitably take the blame when things go wrong but it must be like trying to juggle soot when he is so restricted in the quality of player he is allowed to recruit.
    We knew it would be tough this season but criticism of the manager after one game is laughable.
    The players Warne has brought in regardless of the budget are of questionable quality, but if Warne does not even rate them good enough to start, why on earth has he brought them in?

Ive never been one to criticise any Manager, as ive stated i love Warne but i do not understand the selection of the team with no new signings starting, I hope today was a big learning curve and he gets the last season pals act out of the way

I think Warne has to accept criticism today his selection was all wrong.
    However let’s at least give the team chance before we claim they’re all crap.
    Some players can’t make the step up and others hopefully will.
    It’s a long season and we’re not doomed after one game.

warne is getting criticised for this game and the mistakes he has made over the summer... if like we all know he wants to be a great manager then he has to learn. fans will be very patient with him because hes suck a legend at the club..
    i can actually see fans turning on TS before PW... for all our sanity lets hope come crimbo were sat the same points off the playoff spot...
    btw i have us in 12th come may. after today i want to reevaluate that im going for 13th

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast