+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - Brentford v The Millers

MillersMad Matchthread - Brentford v The Millers

With trepidation the first of the many Matchthreads is written.

We have but 1 known constant. Paul Warne and his team will be giving there all to ensure survival. He/they always have for Rotherham United and always will but will it be enough? Maybe it will and maybe it won't but it won't be for want of trying.
    It may be the want of players, funds or fitness from injuries. Things out of his control should not be held against this management team not now, not next season or for the forseeable future.

Paul Warne will be cutting his clothe according to the situations that he finds himself during the season. Although he has a bit of experience in the Championship it is no way near the situation that he was in when he took over as our manager. He has a group of players that he has chosen to fit the mould he likes.

In short he has earned the right to manage Rotherham United for the full three years of his contract because that is the only way we can even cotemplate growing as a club. We will have the smallest budget in the division and that will last until we start bringing players through or buying players that potentially can be sold for profit. This will take time. Three years isn't long enough so patience is crucial.

Every point should be celebrated this season regardless of the story behind it!

Every win should be shouted from the roof tops!

That day in April or May when Championship survival is assured I'm having a party!

We've been here before lads and lasses when he've been written off! We've given the royal salute so many times to the Football League when we've had points deducted!

Nothing suits us more than being the underdogs!

One big plus is this! There are more unfit/ill/injured MM members than there are players.

We can do this but it's going to be the biggest struggle than the last time we were here! Let us enjoy it the best we can and you're all invited to the party when we survive!!

Good rallying post Froggie. Yes lets do this flipping thing and I agree every point is gonna be vi tal. A point today would be bloody marvellous if we can get it ,it will ensure we dont start off at the bottom of the league. We need to ensure we have a better return away over the season than the 1 point we got last time we were here which means resilience and organisation away is going to mean everything. We will take some scalps at home for sure. I know one thing for sure Warney is the best man we can have to give us a chance at least.

So come on you mighty millers lets do it!

I'm hoping its generally a boring game today by the way because we tend to get better results than when its an open game away from home.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 04-08-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    With trepidation the first of the many Matchthreads is written.

We have but 1 known constant. Paul Warne and his team will be giving there all to ensure survival. He/they always have for Rotherham United and always will but will it be enough? Maybe it will and maybe it won't but it won't be for want of trying.
    It may be the want of players, funds or fitness from injuries. Things out of his control should not be held against this management team not now, not next season or for the forseeable future.

Paul Warne will be cutting his clothe according to the situations that he finds himself during the season. Although he has a bit of experience in the Championship it is no way near the situation that he was in when he took over as our manager. He has a group of players that he has chosen to fit the mould he likes.

In short he has earned the right to manage Rotherham United for the full three years of his contract because that is the only way we can even cotemplate growing as a club. We will have the smallest budget in the division and that will last until we start bringing players through or buying players that potentially can be sold for profit. This will take time. Three years isn't long enough so patience is crucial.

Every point should be celebrated this season regardless of the story behind it!

Every win should be shouted from the roof tops!

That day in April or May when Championship survival is assured I'm having a party!

We've been here before lads and lasses when he've been written off! We've given the royal salute so many times to the Football League when we've had points deducted!

Nothing suits us more than being the underdogs!

One big plus is this! There are more unfit/ill/injured MM members than there are players.

We can do this but it's going to be the biggest struggle than the last time we were here! Let us enjoy it the best we can and you're all invited to the party when we survive!!
    I'll be there Frog. UTM!!

I hope Warny has read this froggie. I feel we will be ok this season but it's always nice to get something from the first game.

UTM!

Agreed, the most important thing come the end of the season regardless of what has happened Paul Warne MUST be here next season.

your mental the lot of ya. we will be ok? OK? we will be more than ok. top half finish and a great season. before the usual suspects come stealing my thunder. "you heard it here first"

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    your mental the lot of ya. we will be ok? OK? we will be more than ok. top half finish and a great season. before the usual suspects come stealing my thunder. "you heard it here first"
    Hope you're right Cayton.

Well it's going to be a difficult season without a doubt.

Yes, Warne's up and at 'em style might surprise a few but equally we're likely to get a few 4 or 5 nil defeats also.

Whilst we've got some new defenders I can't see that much has changed defensively. Defending is still our major weakness. In league one we could let a goal in (maybe 2) and still rescue some points. Can't see us getting away with that in the Championship.

Local derby games will be crucial, we have to at least break even points wise in those games.

Good to see Marek back but his punching style if play will be seriously tested this season.

Overall though I'm fairly optimistic about the season, I reckon we will do ok.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Cayton that's the spirit!

Frog you're right about the fitness levels

Well put my friend and hopefully we are cheering come 5pm today. UTM!

Good opening post Froggie.
    Our club is in a much better place now than when we had that awful horror season in the Championship. Paul Warne and his staff have worked wonders to improve the infrastructure and create an enviable team ethic and all with an extremely modest budget. Time will tell if these advances are enough for the club to consolidate and eventually thrive but I remain optimistic and will stick by my original forecast of a 14th place finish this season.
    Today will be a tough opener because Brentford finished just outside the play offs last season and are tipped to do even better this time around by some pundits.
    I always want us to win but I'd take a point right now 😊
    UTM.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast