+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy League News 2018/2019

♥️❤️❤️❤️ Love to you Rosie

Great report Rosie! Thank you 👍🏻
    Technically my 115 points was better than BBs because I only had 11 players to pick from. But credit where it's due BB nailed it too and put himself back in the mix for the title.

I'm catching Dazzy!!!! Don't look behind you either Rosie.

Well done Bongo and BB. Great report as usual Rosie and thanks. Wrong captain curse has started to hit me again

Food for thought - I had a quick look at the top teams in the overall league and the top 8 had no Liverpool players at all. Maybe I’m playing this game wrong. Like most people I think, I tend to pick some top scorers and hang a few cheap possibles onto them whereas as the winning teams have mid priced quality throughout.

You might find the top players used there free hit for the double game week. If you look again now you will see they do have Liverpool players.
    Complicated stuff to be that good. They even study stats form and fixtures. I just go for the best team on paper and that's why I'm crap.

Week 33

6 Captains on view with Mane 😤top managers choice with 6 votes.

CAPTAIN WATCH

1. Vardy/Hazard 32 points💥 - No contest in the captain department with BB, Uncle Tony, Yubby and Sam wiping the floor with the opposition.

3. Salah 12 points - Nuc and States.

4. Fabianski/Lacazette 4 points - Dazzy and Oz.

5. Mane 2 points - Our would be hero managed to get himself booked in the last minute and turned a woeful 4 points into a pitiful 2 points. Second week in row the fab four Winnie, Picasso, Rosie and Jesh have finished bottom of the pile, this time bringing down Bongo and Liam with them.

Must have been a communication malfunction and heads may roll in the Notsa Alliv and Aston Lilla camps as neither Iwuz or HJ fielded a captain or vice captain. 😩

MANAGER OF THE WEEK AWARD 🏆

Forgetting SJM and Super Jack VM has its very own 💥Super💥 yep the modest Super Sam with Large Icardi & Koke💥 winning their 7th award of season with a superlative 86 💥 points. With 58 of those points coming from the combined efforts of Messrs Hazard, Vardy and Mitrovic.

Great score Sam. 👏👏👏👏👏

Runner up BB and Billesley Villans 19 points adrift with 67 points.

Well played BB 👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Ozstan Villa

👍2. Large Icardi & Koke

👎3. Winnie’s Warriors

👉4. Billesley Villans

👉5. Mr Tee

👉6. Cubist Masterpiece

As it stands at the moment it looking likely our Champ will come from the top 4.

Oz under pressure as Sam moves into 2nd after booting 🥾a miffed Winnie down to 3rd.
    Has Winnie had her chips 🍟? Perhaps all is not lost as Sam’s nemesis is only 8 points adrift and clutching 2 tokens with Oz hanging on to 1 token.

No other movement in the top 6.

RELEGATION 😰

👎15. Claret & Blue Army
    👉16. Aston Liam
    👉17. Nas t Villa

MARE OF THE WEEK 🐴

Claret & Blue Army with 18 points secure their 3rd Mare of the season just pipping HJ and Aston Lilla on 20 points.

TOKENS

Yubby - Wildcard

ATTENTION

Leicester v Newcastle will kick off Gameweek 34 on Friday 12th April. Remember your team sheets need to be in by 7pm

Hmm … I wonder if Oz would let me pinch his last chip? Perhaps if I distract him, he won't notice.

Well done Sammy Trouble. Good choice with Hazard this week. I stuffed up big time with my Captain choice. Again. Could have been worse though - I must admit I was nervous about this week - just took a 4 point hit to try and field 10 players. Thowing caution to the wind this week though in an attempt to get past you again. I know you won't make it easy for me. BB still terrifying me.

Big thanks again for yet another fabulous read, Rosie. Btw you mentioned getting timed out on here when you are writing the reports. I used to have the same problem when I was doing mine. I eventually switched to writing the updates on Word before copying and pasting on here. It made the process much easier. Just a thought …

Thank you again Rosie for the epic write up. I thought I'd made a mistake not captaining Vardy but super duper Hazard made an unusually successful choice for me for once!

What you got left Winesis? Bench boost and triple captain? It's nice to be ahead of you but I can sense a big score from you and your bench boost this week and your triple captained Sterling in week 35.

Oz, could you please make 11 changes to your team and take a 44 point hit, then change it back again and take another 44 point hit please?

Thanks again for your amazing write ups Rosie, and to you Winnie for the previous years. You make this competition so much more enjoyable. Was toying with a Kane selection yesterday for the first time this season. Thankfully I didn’t!

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    Thank you again Rosie for the epic write up. I thought I'd made a mistake not captaining Vardy but super duper Hazard made an unusually successful choice for me for once!

What you got left Winesis? Bench boost and triple captain? It's nice to be ahead of you but I can sense a big score from you and your bench boost this week and your triple captained Sterling in week 35.

Oz, could you please make 11 changes to your team and take a 44 point hit, then change it back again and take another 44 point hit please?
    Sam have you gone all Bielsa like keeping dossiers on the opposition. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Thanks again for your amazing write ups Rosie, and to you Winnie for the previous years. You make this competition so much more enjoyable. Was toying with a Kane selection yesterday for the first time this season. Thankfully I didn’t!
    Yep he was going to make a reappearance in my team as captain but thankfully I try and hold off on my transfers until match day 😜

Quote Originally Posted by MissWinnie View Post
    Hmm … I wonder if Oz would let me pinch his last chip? Perhaps if I distract him, he won't notice.

Well done Sammy Trouble. Good choice with Hazard this week. I stuffed up big time with my Captain choice. Again. Could have been worse though - I must admit I was nervous about this week - just took a 4 point hit to try and field 10 players. Thowing caution to the wind this week though in an attempt to get past you again. I know you won't make it easy for me. BB still terrifying me.

Big thanks again for yet another fabulous read, Rosie. Btw you mentioned getting timed out on here when you are writing the reports. I used to have the same problem when I was doing mine. I eventually switched to writing the updates on Word before copying and pasting on here. It made the process much easier. Just a thought …

I agree Winnie the benefit of copy and pasting from Word and obviously not being able to do that is the downfall of using the IPad, but freely admit I am too lazy to fetch the laptop downstairs, also freely admit I lie on the sofa when doing the report I think it helps my creativity.🤪😛😝🤓 However, I have worked out that if you keep remembering to preview post after typing say a paragraph for some unknown reason this usually seems to mostly stop being timed out happening. Last week my system failed spectacularly and I could have cheerfully threw the thing out the window I have never known it so bad. 🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃

Many thanks for your comments guys they are much appreciated. 🥰😍
    Last edited by VillaRosie; 10-04-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post

Yes, bench boost and triple captain left, Sam. Unfortunately I was slightly less restrained than Picasso and decided on impulse to buy Kane, thinking I could triple captain him for GW 35. To be able to afford him, I had to sell a couple of players (hits and weakened bench)… but thought it might be worth the risk … Then I saw he'd been injured. So another hit. A Bongoesque 16 points this week, so I'm going to have to do really really well just to stay where I am, never mind catch you. The daft thing was, I hadn't even been looking at Kane as I was keeping an eye on news about Aguero's fitness …

Picasso - Thank you.

Rosie - Ha ha! I like your creative style.

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)