+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy League News 2018/2019

Week 37

The penultimate week was a relatively low scoring affair with none of our high value players managing to amass a half decent score. Was definitely a week when a defender as captain would have been more productive.

Captain choices where an unmitigated disaster only Salah walked away with any credibility.

6 captains on view with Aguero 🤬 and Sterling 🤬 top managers pick with 5 votes each.

1. Salah 14 points - Sam, Nuc and States.

2. Sterling 6 points - Winnie, Picasso, Bongo, Jesh and Gornal.

Last place shared by Aguero/Lacazette/Jimenez/Mane 4 points - Oz, Uncle Tony, BB, Rosie, Iwuz, Dazzy, Yubby, HJ, and Liam.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK AWARD 🏆

Nuc and Mings the Merciless reign supreme this week with 62 superb points. Joint runners up with 59 points HJ with Aston Lilla and Rosie with Busted Flush F C.

Well played guys 👏👏👏👏👏 and obviously well played me. 🤪

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Ozstan Villa. 2162

👉2 Large Icardi & Koke. 2159

👉3.Winnies Warriors. 2144

👉4.Mr Tee. 2116

👍5.Mings the Merciless. 2098

👎6.Billesley Villans. 2098

Looks like these teams will finish in the top 6 come the end of the season however, in what order is another matter.😜

Sam had an overnight stay in the penthouse on Saturday but Oz managed to scrape enough points yesterday to boot 🥾 him down to 2nd. Only 3 points separating the teams.

3rd placed Winnie threw the kitchen sink aka Bench Boost Token but still 18 points adrift of Oz.

Uncle Tony after a bad week finds his 4th place under threat from Nuc and BB.

Nuc on the up into 5th and BB down to 6th. Both on the same points so all to play for.

RELEGATION 😱

👎15.Agbonlahor United
    👉16.Aston Liam
    👉17.Nas T Killa

Liam and States nailed on for relegation. However 15th place is still up for grabs with the current occupant Bongo. 😛🤪😜

MARE OF THE WEEK 🐴

A catastrophic week for our transfer king Bongo and Agbonlahor United, luck finally deserting them and in week 37 they scoop their first Mare of the season with a pathetic 32 points. 😝😛😜🤪 Bongo’s transfer frenzy this week resulted in a 16 point loss which proved costly.

TOKEN

Bench Boost - Winnie

Bongo 👑 has reached an eye watering 90 transfers. 🤪

Our Managers will lead their teams out for the last time this season on Sunday 3pm.

Make sure team sheets are handed in by 2pm.

Forget Liverpool and Man City we have an Ozstan Villa v Large Icardi & Koke epic.🥊 Will it be Oz or Sam or will Winnie pip the both of them to lift the VMFL Cup🏆for 2018/2019.

Live reports maybe available from Radio Rosie, however that is going to depend on how Saturday goes. 🤞

A fab penultimate report, Rosie! Thank you so much. You must be looking forward to the break!

Oooh it's close now! The two big boys will be slugging it out on Sunday. Hope they bring lots of ice. Just an outside chance for me but as Hubball Trouble knows, I never give up! Woof woof!

Well done Nuc, HJ and Rosie!

Looking forward to an exciting final weekend!

I came last! Nooooooooooooooo

Oh Radio Rosie sounds good! Are you going to do the "as it stands" table? haha

Quite a remarkable fantasy football season! What's amazing is the points totals are huge compared to previous years and also there doesn't seem to be a proper blueprint that every team has, like most years loads of teams have 7 or 8 of the same players.

Best of luck to Oz, Winnie and my Uncle Tony.

It's been emotional

This is the final league table for last season. It was a last day decider then as well. 😜

When I post the final table for this season I will add the final scores and copy it on the new 2019/2020 thread.

Dazzy and the Pedigree Chump just pipping Uncle Tony by 5 points.

Many congratulations Dazzy well played.

2. Uncle Tony - Mr Tee

Hard luck Uncle T you gave Dazzy a good run for his money.

3. Yubby - Ihaveahotwife

4. Sam - Hubball's Harriers

5. Jesh - Kirkley Krusaders

6. Winnie - Winnie's Warriors

7. Picasso - Cubist Masterpiece

8. BB - Billesley Villans

9. Nuc - Top 6 Finish

10. Iwuz - The Crimson Tide

11. Rosie - Terry's All Gold's

12. HJ - Aston Lillia

13. Bongo - Bongo United

14. Gornal - Gornal Villians

15. Oz - Ozston Villa

16. TD - TDFC

17. Arran - Chinese Takeaway
    Last edited by VillaRosie; 08-05-2019 at 09:41 AM.

Blimey I was rubbish last season too. Just as well I don't take it as seriously as most of you lot. I will make more of an effort next season.

Looks like I’ve made 7th place my own! Thanks for the report Rosie. Superb once again.

Noooo! Rosie, it has taken me most of the season to erase the traumatic memory of Yubby finishing in 3rd place last year...

Sam, yes, so many more points this year in our League. It feels like everyone tries that little bit harder now (obviously not Bongo ). My first pick of my first ever season was pretty much an autocomplete with a few amendments and I didn't read the rules properly so didn't know defenders got squillions of points for goals etc so had to do a quick wildcard ha ha. My aim was not to come last! I think I'm doing better since I stopped the write ups - I'd be looking at the games with a view to spotting something funny I could write about with players' form etc getting sadly missed.

Good luck to everyone in whatever individual battles they may be having (Picasso with himself for 7th ) with special good luck to my arch rivals, Oz, Sam, and Uncle Tony. May the best girl win. Giggles.
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 09-05-2019 at 08:34 PM.

May the best girl win indeed. I'm wearing my lucky handbag so it's all over. It's been a lot of fun made all the more better with Rosie's awesome reports. Thanks for making the time for our little gang of Villa fans. Good luck Winnie, Sam, and Tony. Don't forget I'm offering a booby prize again for the winner. If it's me then it goes to second place.

P.S I'd nobble my side for a first leg win over the baggies. Come on lads send us up.

Luckily there is a charity shop opening tomorrow in town. Loads of floral big womens dresses. Got no quarms with putting one on to be the best girl tomorrow!

I'm still unsure of transfers. Could a 4 point hit cost the title this year?

Oz, I've heard that 8 of your team are to be rested tomorrow so you should change them to a mixture of Brighton, wolves and Cardiff players quick. Have a few brewskis first and just go with your gut

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)