+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Brentford Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Yes, if he sends me a stamped addressed envelope
    answers on a postcard

Forgot to say - if we were planning to play 4-4-2 today, it should have been Vassell up front with Smith. He's looked better than Ball in the friendlies
    Last edited by mikemiller; 04-08-2018 at 08:49 PM.

Just got home after quite a humiliating afternoon. I did not expect us to win today but neither did I expect a performance like this. With the possible exceptions of Mattock and the subs no-one comes out of this with any credit whatsoever. It was inept and naive. Wrong formation, poor individual performances, and a lack of the qualities of tenacity and never say die attitude that got us promoted last season. I'm sorry, but it seems absurd to me to travel to a place like Brentford, play two upfront, get over-run in midfield from the first to the last minute and then not make any tactical changes. It is early days and there is still time for the team to come good. But any repeat of this performance at the clubs with better teams than Brentford will see similar if not worse results. It will not take many more heavy defeats like this one to fatally damage the team's now fragile confidence.

One person to blame today and that’s Warney.

We played 4-4-1-1 Mike but the problem was the team selection imo and the subs should have been on at half time
    Last edited by millertop; 04-08-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Derby Miller
    Absolutely spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Just got home after quite a humiliating afternoon. I did not expect us to win today but neither did I expect a performance like this. With the possible exceptions of Mattock and the subs no-one comes out of this with any credit whatsoever. It was inept and naive. Wrong formation, poor individual performances, and a lack of the qualities of tenacity and never say die attitude that got us promoted last season. I'm sorry, but it seems absurd to me to travel to a place like Brentford, play two upfront, get over-run in midfield from the first to the last minute and then not make any tactical changes. It is early days and there is still time for the team to come good. But any repeat of this performance at the clubs with better teams than Brentford will see similar if not worse results. It will not take many more heavy defeats like this one to fatally damage the team's now fragile confidence.
    could you please send your passport to cam Miller to prove you are real and a witness statement to prove you was at the game

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    One person to blame today and that’s Warney.

We played 4-4-1-1 Mike but the problem was the team selection imo and the subs should have been on at half time
    Listening to Ronnie Moore on the radio commentary, he was calling for a change after 15 minutes.

It was that obvious.

Whether we lost 10-0 or 1-0 to a last minute own goal we have lost a game of football & have 45 more to put it right.Warnio will be on the phone to uncle Colin for some tips and advice and we will be ok

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Paul losing is not the problem today, it was a difficult first game, however your weakness as football manager was. You have done a great job last season, you also had a lot of games in the Championship the season before, you saw how hard it is. You were at the club when Warnock performed his miracle, surely you learned something then or were you just fetching the green tea for Neil. There is no excuse, for playing 10 of the promotion team, everyone that knows the basics of football knows those players will struggle in the championship. Mattock struggled in league 1, was out of position constantly and allowed more crosses to be posted than the Roman empire. I understand Wood has a contract until 2020, surly not as a first team player, we cannot be that naive. You brought in new defenders, knowing that we would need experienced championship defenders and they all sit on the bench, including the only forward you have added to the team. How Brentford play is well known, it isn't secret that was told to you 2 mins before kick-off, yet you only have 2 players in the middle of the park. Then our tactics are win the ball and leather it hard for smith to chase, guess what we are constantly under pressure. I do not want you to be loyal to your mates that drink green tea and attend your Sunday morning yoga class, I want you to engage your brain and go away from home and be very very very hard to break down, to have at least some pace in the team that can counter attack, to train the players to put more than 2 passes together and pick the best 11. This is classed as the hardest league in europe, scrapping points away from home with the odd boring 1-0 win added to a reasonable home record, may and I do mean may allow us to stay in this league, if we do go down like that at least we won't have 9 months of being shooting practice for ex-premier league players at the other clubs. If TS is not allowing us to invest, tell us stand up and be open with the fans and then it is up to TS to defend that decision not you.

Good look next week against Ipswich, because you will need it
    What a clueless idiot you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingcomeseasy View Post
    Derby Miller
    Absolutely spot on
    He does maybe make some valid points, however before today his last post was this on December 2nd last year:-

http://boards.footymad.net/showthrea...8#post38720098

Not a single post in the eight months from the low point of last season right through to today so you have to wonder what his agenda might be?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast