+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Brentford Post Match Thoughts

I hope we can get some midfielders in. A shame we can't get players in first before we send them out on loan.

They were hanging on at the end. Another 2 or 3 hours and we’d have got a point. Three more positives are :
    1) We are the first team to score at Brentford this season.
    2) We are only 3 points off the top team
    4) I can’t count

Been to the game. I was standing next to the TFA flag .
    Brentford looked a useful side, probably going to finish in top half.
    Thoughts on the Millers...
    Palmer and Vaulks were as bad in midfield today as they were in the Mansfield friendly, although Vaulks scored a good goal at the end. We desperately need Towell back, or a similar player. Wiles came on near the end and we looked better, but Brentford had taken their foot off the gas by then
    We looked very weak down our right side throughout the game. Brentford were running through unchallenged a lot of the time.
    Vyner was awful - ok he might not have been fully fit. If that was the case -why play him for the full game? If this is as good as he gets, we might as well bring Onariase back.
    Smith and later Vassell did ok, but with little support
    Newell didn't look fully fit and was substituted. Didn't do a lot, but had one of our few shots (not a bad effort) blocked
    Ball and Palmer -ineffective. Taylor slightly better second half, but still terrible at taking free kicks (We desperately need somebody who can take free kicks too)
    Rodak probably at fault for a couple of the goals, although our poor defending/positioning put him under pressure for much of the game.
    We're back at the 2016/17 season with... concede in the first few minutes/just before half time/just after half time - the latter killing the game off.
    Big gap between us and Brentford - skill. strength, positioning, passing, shooting.

The Millers team needs quite a bit of strengthening. I'm expecting line-up changes for our next match, even if we haven't signed anybody by then

Oh yes... and it was a nightmare getting across London on public transport today, and also very hot!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 04-08-2018 at 08:07 PM.

As mentioned earlier, time for Wayne to cut out the sentiments. We need to play a defensive 451 away from home with 2 denfensive midfielders - one of which is Vaulks, the other we need to sign this week. Someone must come in who can hold the ball - an experience head.

I’m staggered at the Wood contract extension. There is no sense to it. Pay him a bonus if you like but he’s not good enough for the championship so therefore it’s a wasted wage.

Ball is irrelevant in this league. We won’t miss anything from him not playing so we may as well play another defensive midfielder, especially away from home. If we are still in the game come 80 mins then possibly bring the new sticker on with a bit of pace. A big if.

Full backs also a major issue. Mattock struggled last time - and was exposed today. Vyner looked out of position a lot today a bit like Emmanuel did at the start of last season. Emmanuel improved but that was league one.

Really don’t think we have thought this through at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Been to the game. I was standing next to the TFA flag .
    Brentford looked a useful side, probably going to finish in top half.
    Thoughts on the Millers...
    Palmer and Vaulks were as bad in midfield today as they were in the Mansfield friendly, although Vaulks scored a good goal at the end. We desperately need Towell back, or a similar player. Wiles came on near the end and we looked better, but Brentford had taken their foot off the gas by then
    We looked very weak down our right side throughout the game. Brentford were running through unchallenged a lot of the time.
    Vyner was awful - ok he might not have been fully fit. If that was the case -why play him for the full game? If this is as good as he gets, we might as well bring Onariase back.
    Smith and later Vassell did ok, but with little support
    Newell didn't look fully fit and was substituted. Didn't do a lot, but had one of our few shots (not a bad effort) blocked
    Ball and Palmer -ineffective. Taylor slightly better second half, but still terrible at taking free kicks (We desperately need somebody who can take free kicks too)
    Rodak probably at fault for a couple of the goals, although our poor defending/positioning put him under pressure for much of the game.
    We're back at the 2016/17 season with... concede in the first few minutes/just before half time/just after half time - the latter killing the game off.
    Big gap between us and Brentford - skill. strength, positioning, passing, shooting.

The Millers team needs quite a bit of strengthening. I'm expecting line-up changes for our next match, even if we haven't signed anybody by then

Oh yes... and it was a nightmare getting across London on public transport today, and also very hot!
    can you send your match ticket to cam Miller so he can verify

a) you are a real
    b)you actually went to the game.

Hopefully Wiles will be good enough, that would be great. I do fear will be in trouble if we can't get anyone in.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Valley View Post
    As mentioned earlier, time for Wayne to cut out the sentiments. We need to play a defensive 451 away from home with 2 denfensive midfielders - one of which is Vaulks, the other we need to sign this week. Someone must come in who can hold the ball - an experience head.

I’m staggered at the Wood contract extension. There is no sense to it. Pay him a bonus if you like but he’s not good enough for the championship so therefore it’s a wasted wage.

Ball is irrelevant in this league. We won’t miss anything from him not playing so we may as well play another defensive midfielder, especially away from home. If we are still in the game come 80 mins then possibly bring the new sticker on with a bit of pace. A big if.

Full backs also a major issue. Mattock struggled last time - and was exposed today. Vyner looked out of position a lot today a bit like Emmanuel did at the start of last season. Emmanuel improved but that was league one.

Really don’t think we have thought this through at all.
    Yes I blame Wayne too.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    can you send your match ticket to cam Miller so he can verify

a) you are a real
    b)you actually went to the game.
    Yes, if he sends me a stamped addressed envelope

WLB MIke miller lves in London and I know he bought a ticket for the match so yes he went.. If he didnt he blew 20 odd quid.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    Hopefully Wiles will be good enough, that would be great. I do fear will be in trouble if we can't get anyone in.
    we was in trouble as soon as we got promoted.

I have said all along tony Stewart isn't rich enough or isn't willing to support us at championship level but in league 1 he is.

Peterborough united chairman has said Jack marriot wages at derby is 18 to 19k a week. that's for a top league 1 striker but unproven at championship level.

we all deep down expect to lose more times than we win but it's the score line and the obvious gulf in class I cant cope with.

in a recent interview pw mentioned putting up a fight well today we didn't.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast