+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What did I just watch?

Thomas was MOM imo, Vaughan made about 7 passes and an interception, made me laugh when he jumped up against those 6 foot 6 midfielders, i would swap him in an heart beat for their number 8 Harry Pell.

Hewitt made a few decent passes and won the ball a fair few times, not sure what else you want from him, that's pretty much what he's in the side to do and he did it well enough. He also covered Tootle a few times when they doubled up on his side. I guess you see what you want to see sometimes. On the subject of his throw, it gave us two very good goal scoring chances (Thomas and Brisley, first half) so it's not really something you should downplay that much imo. His throw is just a bonus imo.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    We need more pace from the centre of midfield, though - maybe go 4-3-3 and bring in either Husin or Crawford to help link the play better?
    As someone else said elsewhere, I think Patching will be in the first team when he's fit

Quote Originally Posted by macstop View Post
    Thomas was MOM imo, Vaughan made about 7 passes and an interception, made me laugh when he jumped up against those 6 foot 6 midfielders, i would swap him in an heart beat for their number 8 Harry Pell.
    Harry Pell was easily the best player on the pitch today.

Between us, we seem to have come up with a number of different nominations for MOTM - and I’ll add another, which is Brisley, who I thought was dominant in his defending and largely responsible for the clean sheet. Hewitt came near to being my pick as well - the number of times he gets back into defence to cover successfully for a teammate who has gone upfield is one piece of evidence of his value to the side.

This was a disjointed performance, but not an incompetent one, and for me the statement/excuse “need time to gel” does stand up to scrutiny. In fact I think it will be valid for up to 12 games or so, and it will only be a quarter of the way through the season that we begin to see this side really start to produce the goods. There’s no point in judging new players on the evidence of their first performance only and we all need to have a bit of patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Hewitt made a few decent passes and won the ball a fair few times, not sure what else you want from him, that's pretty much what he's in the side to do and he did it well enough. He also covered Tootle a few times when they doubled up on his side. I guess you see what you want to see sometimes. On the subject of his throw, it gave us two very good goal scoring chances (Thomas and Brisley, first half) so it's not really something you should downplay that much imo. His throw is just a bonus imo.

As someone else said elsewhere, I think Patching will be in the first team when he's fit
    Hewitt may be OK in a three with Vaughan and another midfielder (I’m hoping Kellett is the midfield dynamo we need), but I don’t think a Hewitt-Vaughan combination is mobile or strong enough in the centre of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Hewitt made a few decent passes and won the ball a fair few times, not sure what else you want from him, that's pretty much what he's in the side to do and he did it well enough. He also covered Tootle a few times when they doubled up on his side. I guess you see what you want to see sometimes.
    Exactly. While it was far from one of Hewitt's better games, he was certainly no worse than anyone else in a Notts shirt. The sad thing is, Chicken Balti Pie has already decided that Hewitt was absolutely useless against Cambridge next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Exactly. While it was far from one of Hewitt's better games, he was certainly no worse than anyone else in a Notts shirt. The sad thing is, Chicken Balti pie has already decided that Hewitt was absolutely useless against Cambridge next week.
    Sure, or maybe you could tell me exactly what he bought to the team? I keep asking but no one has provided an answer. Vaughan offers a pass, last year Yates offered breaking up play and a threat from set pieces, what do Hewitt offer? Please do tell me, I really want to hear it

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Like i have said many times, he is a one trick pony...Saving us from relegation is in the past, we were riding on the crest of a wave with Hardy taking over, players were once again being paid and the rest is history.. This season will be very different, Nolan now has better players to work with and all the euphoria and momentum of the past is now forgotten.. This season will determin exactly how good or bad he really his.. I know what that outcome will be....
    Nolan must be the most boring negative manager in this division and his style of football is shocking and don't expect him to change.
    There are some good players out there being wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Sure, or maybe you could tell me exactly what he bought to the team? I keep asking but no one has provided an answer. Vaughan offers a pass, last year Yates offered breaking up play and a threat from set pieces, what do Hewitt offer? Please do tell me, I really want to hear it
    Freeman25 explained it in fairly simple terms in post #52. Maybe it wasn't simple enough for a simpleton though. Maybe more tellingly, he also said "I guess you see what you want to see sometimes", which pretty much sums you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    Nolan must be the most boring negative manager in this division and his style of football is shocking and don't expect him to change.
    There are some good players out there being wasted.
    Maybe those good players should try passing to someone in the same coloured shirt a bit more often then.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast