+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What did I just watch?

What did I just watch?

I went to the Derby, Leicester and Colchester game and what I want to know is what the hell have they been working on pre-season? That was woeful today. It looked exactly like it looked after Christmas: ineffective hoofball. No creativity whatsoever. Hemmings and Dennis barely touched the ball because nobody passed it to them. Bouldewijn was ignored in the second half and looked like a lost puppy.

The last 30 mins were so poor when we should have been trying to win. Colchester were unlucky not to take away 3 points. Tje team looked lile they had never met before. Things need to improve quickly Mr Nolan, otherwise I am going to run out of patience with you.

Durham did try to tell you but was drowned out by the rose tinted brigade.

This was ordinary, at best.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    I went to the Derby, Leicester and Colchester game and what I want to know is what the hell have they been working on pre-season? That was woeful today. It looked exactly like it looked after Christmas: ineffective hoofball. No creativity whatsoever. Hemmings and Dennis barely touched the ball because nobody passed it to them. Bouldewijn was ignored in the second half and looked like a lost puppy.

The last 30 mins were so poor when we should have been trying to win. Colchester were unlucky not to take away 3 points. Tje team looked lile they had never met before. Things need to improve quickly Mr Nolan, otherwise I am going to run out of patience with you.
    If that was "hoofball" then you must have missed most of last season......Vaughan was MOM simply because he was passing the ball around in midfield ie the ball spent about 50% of the time on the ground.

I agree that the players seemed unsure of who to pass to, and lots of passes were going astray.....IMO the players have not gelled and we need to have patience.

This team is superb on paper and if we are anywhere around the play-offs come Christmas....should get promoted......(ducks back down behind sofa)

It's interesting that we are told they need to gel yet Exeter (3 debutants scoring, including Forte) and Stags seem to have coped well enough. Early days but work needs doing quickly it seems.

Crickey , that was awful . KC IS right , Colchester deserved all 3 points. Thought Vaughn and Hewitt were ok but the rest ! Duffy was terrible , Stead, even worse but I thought Enzio was absolute garbage. I know it's early days and the kid needs time to settle in but I really hope we haven't been sold a dud there.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    It's interesting that we are told they need to gel yet Exeter (3 debutants scoring, including Forte) and Stags seem to have coped well enough. Early days but work needs doing quickly it seems.
    I'm not going to panic until I've seen at least 4 or 5 games......as I said in the Match Thread, I thought Fitz looked solid, Jones was bombing forward, Vaughan looked class, both new wingers had good games.....the one disappointment was Stead and Hemmings together produced sod-all, which is exactly what I predicted pre-match if Stead starts games.

Stall said it in his commentary.....we seemed unsure as to whether to fire it long to Stead or try to hit Hemmings in the channels and we ended up doing neither most of the time.

But what exactly did that passing create? It was so painfully slow and predictable. The movement off the ball was atrocious too.

The gelling excuse is a tired one. 7 of that team played together last season. I don't want to overreact, but from what I've seen so far little progress has been made. 'Superb' on paper?! Are you sure?

I'm hoping (and believe) we look back in 5 games' time and laugh at this thread. Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Crickey , that was awful . KC IS right , Colchester deserved all 3 points. Thought Vaughn and Hewitt were ok but the rest ! Duffy was terrible , Stead, even worse but I thought Enzio was absolute garbage. I know it's early days and the kid needs time to settle in but I really hope we haven't been sold a dud there.
    Well that's two of you saying Enzio was poor....mmmmmm....by my reckoning he had 2 shots at goal in the first half and laid one on a plate for Dennis 2nd half....what else is a winger supposed to do?....plus he took on his man pretty much every time (unless there was another black Dutch guy on the pitch) which is more than Hawk ever did.

Baffled.

I don’t buy the “time to gel” argument, especially when the manager and chairman are saying it before the game.

Toys out of the pram after one match is a little premature though.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast