+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Match ratings Vs Colchester

Match ratings Vs Colchester

Fitz - 6 - Little to do but nearly gifted them a goal, better distribution than Collin.

Tootle - 6.5 - Solid game.
    Duffy - 6 - Very average, pointless yellow.
    Brisley - 6.5 - Slightly better than Duffy but poor distribution.
    Jones - 6 - Constantly out of position, better going forwards but constantly checks back.

Enzio - 6 - A couple of flashes but otherwise very quiet.
    Thomas - 7 - Impressive game, looks a good addition.
    Vaughan 7.5 - The new Gavin Mahon, very calm on the ball and able to pick a pass.
    Hewitt - 7 - Decent game, uses the ball well.

Stead - 6 - Did little, fell over after 10 seconds, poor service though.
    Hemmings - 6 - Barely touched the ball.

Subs:

Alessandra - 6- Too little time.
    Dennis - 6 - No impact.
    Hawkridge - N/A

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Fitz - 6 - Little to do but nearly gifted them a goal, better distribution than Collin.

Jones - 6 - Constantly out of position, better going forwards but constantly checks back.

Vaughan 7.5 - The new Gavin Mahon, very calm on the ball and able to pick a pass.

Subs:

Dennis - 6 - No impact.
    Hawkridge - N/A
    Have to disagree with a couple of those comments. Thought Fitzsimons distribution was appalling, held on to long and when he did, it was a big hoof either out or straight down the barrel to their big centre back.

Hewitt a 7? What did he do all game? Other than throw the ball far?

Subs:

Dennis - 6 - No impact.
    Hawkridge - N/A
    Duffy , pointless yellow ? you mean when their bloke could have been clean through and Duffy ( who had a poor game ) took one for the team. I would say it was a good yellow.

Not bad ratings but I would give Enzio 5

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Our keeper was the guy in purple... The one that almost gifted them a goal with his blocked kick, didn't even seem to be aiming for Stead while he was on the pitch and also had a goal kick go straight out of play, you're talking about todays game right..?

As for Rating's i'd give everyone a 6 except for Jones and Fitz with 5's. Don't think anyone really stood out positively and only those two were below average imo.

Edit: And yeah, Duffy's foul was a "tactical foul" that he pretty much had to make to stop their attack, exactly the same as Vaughan did in the second half when Hemmings got confused and passed it straight to their man.

Fitzsimons 5 Got a heroes welcome from the Kop,which was surprising given his last outing. I don’t rate the bloke and thought he was poor. Promotion winning teams have better keepers than him.

Tootle 6 and Jones 5. Both full backs looked subdued today, like they weren’t used to playing with proper wingers. It’s a shame if Jones is nudged off the set pieces.

Brisley 6 and Duffy 7 Both defended very well, Brisley’s distribution is awful, which if he keeps getting backwards passes from Vaughan may lead to Ben Hall getting in the team.

Hewitt 5 and Vaughan 6 Hewitt was rubbish, let them get a hold in midfield, Pell in particular, and passing was astray. Where’s Neal Bishop nowadays? Vaughan, hmmm. He makes me worried when he’s knocking it short to players who aren’t nearly as good in possession as he is, and didn’t take the ball forward into space when he had the chance.

Thomas 6 and Enzio 6 Bad start from Thomas but improved as it went on and nearly scored with a cracking lob. Enzio the opposite, other than his cross for Dennis. I think we’ve got a very good player there though, maybe more so away from home.

Hemmings 5 and Stead 5 Both worked hard, but only combined effectively once, when Hemmings nearly got in. Not much to work off to put it mildly.

Subs Dennis should have scored, but good to see him getting on the end of the cross so soon after coming on.

Never mind the time to gel bolox, we looked like a team who had spent more time pre season in the pub than on the training ground but it’s early days.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Fitzsimons 5 Got a heroes welcome from the Kop,which was surprising given his last outing. I don’t rate the bloke and thought he was poor. Promotion winning teams have better keepers than him.

Tootle 6 and Jones 5. Both full backs looked subdued today, like they weren’t used to playing with proper wingers. It’s a shame if Jones is nudged off the set pieces.

Brisley 6 and Duffy 7 Both defended very well, Brisley’s distribution is awful, which if he keeps getting backwards passes from Vaughan may lead to Ben Hall getting in the team.

Hewitt 5 and Vaughan 6 Hewitt was rubbish, let them get a hold in midfield, Pell in particular, and passing was astray. Where’s Neal Bishop nowadays? Vaughan, hmmm. He makes me worried when he’s knocking it short to players who aren’t nearly as good in possession as he is, and didn’t take the ball forward into space when he had the chance.

Thomas 6 and Enzio 6 Bad start from Thomas but improved as it went on and nearly scored with a cracking lob. Enzio the opposite, other than his cross for Dennis. I think we’ve got a very good player there though, maybe more so away from home.

Hemmings 5 and Stead 5 Both worked hard, but only combined effectively once, when Hemmings nearly got in. Not much to work off to put it mildly.

Subs Dennis should have scored, but good to see him getting on the end of the cross so soon after coming on.

Never mind the time to gel bolox, we looked like a team who had spent more time pre season in the pub than on the training ground but it’s early days.
    Did you see that Royal Ensign flag the Colchester fans had mate? Bet you would have loved to get yer lighter out bud!

I’ll be lazy and give everyone a 6 except for Brisley who put in a strong performance in defence and deserves a 7 despite the occasional misplaced pass.

I’ve got to agree with Navy about Duffy’s yellow card - if he hadn’t fouled Collins we could easily have gone a goal down. It was amusing watching him try to ignore the ref after he’d done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Whaaaaaaaaaat? Our keeper was the guy in purple... The one that almost gifted them a goal with his blocked kick, didn't even seem to be aiming for Stead while he was on the pitch and also had a goal kick go straight out of play, you're talking about todays game right..?
    And why was his kick blocked Einstein?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Did you see that Royal Ensign flag the Colchester fans had mate? Bet you would have loved to get yer lighter out bud!
    Never heard it called the 'Royal' ensign, 'White' for the Royal Navy and 'Red' for the merchant?

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Never heard it called the 'Royal' ensign, 'White' for the Royal Navy and 'Red' for the merchant?
    Heard it called both Vlad. Just thought I would try to draw fatty out , but you're right , its more commonly known as the white.

ps , fatty as been ignoring me , never was short before
    Last edited by navypie; 04-08-2018 at 07:51 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast