+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Match ratings Vs Colchester

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Turned on you? Wasn't he talking about Vlad?

(Snigger)
    Still a prick, still ruining every thread

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Right - my match ratings are there for all to see in post #16. You've made 3 posts on this topic, and guess what? None are about match ratings, none are about the match, and yet again not one of them concerns Notts County in the slightest.

So what exactly have you contributed to the topic?

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    And why was his kick blocked Einstein?
    Because he didn't kick it quick enough and let the attacker close him down whilst looking like he didn't have a care in the world? Don't think you need to be Einstein to work that one out, just someone with a working set of eyes.

OK, here goes....I'm sticking by my guns in the Match Thread

Fitz - 6.5...IMO a better keeper than Collin, claimed the high ball well, rolled out the ball 6 or 7 times to Jones, raced out to the edge of his area to nick the ball off their attacker.....didn't have a shot to save
    Toots - 6 Same as normal, dependable, not too flashy, tried to get forward occasionally
    Duffers and Bris - 6 Not a lot to do really. Colchester got forward a few times but fired aimless balls across the 6 yard box. Difficult to mark central defenders when they are not really tested.
    Jones - Tough one because I love the way he bombs forward BUT he didn't make enough of the ball anyway and he leaves us exposed at the back...6.5 for getting forward, 5.5 for defending
    Enzio - 7. My personal MOM for sheer effort and running at defenders. I know that not all of his efforts came to fruition but this guy is a star in the making....sorry, I know some disagree
    Vaughan - 7 The official MOM. Good players make it look like they have time and space, it's called positional awareness....this guy is class. Please keep him fit.
    Hewitt - 6.5. Again a bit of contention on here. Hewey does what he always does, chases around getting a foot in here and a foot in there....sure, a few of his passes went astray, but so did everyone else's...Notts had an off-day and he was no better or worse than anyone else.
    Thomas - 6.5. Sublime attempted lob, busy throughout his spell. Switched wings a few times with Enzio. This guy could be a future match winner once we GEL......sorry, couldn't resist it
    Hemmings and Stead 5.75. Forgot Hemmings was on the pitch but he wasn't getting the service anyway. Stead worked hard but created nothing of note.
    Aless and Dennis didn't have enough time on the pitch to impress....but oh I wish Dennis could have connected with Enzio's cross.

Early days, a point in the bag and I'm quite relaxed despite MAD having a minor meltdown.....COYP

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Stop talking about yourself Vlad.

First sign of madness!

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Because he didn't kick it quick enough and let the attacker close him down whilst looking like he didn't have a care in the world? Don't think you need to be Einstein to work that one out, just someone with a working set of eyes.
    So you've managed to argue the point whilst also agreeing with it? Well done, you're nothing if not predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    OK, here goes....I'm sticking by my guns in the Match Thread

Fitz - 6.5...IMO a better keeper than Collin, claimed the high ball well, rolled out the ball 6 or 7 times to Jones, raced out to the edge of his area to nick the ball off their attacker.....didn't have a shot to save
    Toots - 6 Same as normal, dependable, not too flashy, tried to get forward occasionally
    Duffers and Bris - 6 Not a lot to do really. Colchester got forward a few times but fired aimless balls across the 6 yard box. Difficult to mark central defenders when they are not really tested.
    Jones - Tough one because I love the way he bombs forward BUT he didn't make enough of the ball anyway and he leaves us exposed at the back...6.5 for getting forward, 5.5 for defending
    Enzio - 7. My personal MOM for sheer effort and running at defenders. I know that not all of his efforts came to fruition but this guy is a star in the making....sorry, I know some disagree
    Vaughan - 7 The official MOM. Good players make it look like they have time and space, it's called positional awareness....this guy is class. Please keep him fit.
    Hewitt - 6.5. Again a bit of contention on here. Hewey does what he always does, chases around getting a foot in here and a foot in there....sure, a few of his passes went astray, but so did everyone else's...Notts had an off-day and he was no better or worse than anyone else.
    Thomas - 6.5. Sublime attempted lob, busy throughout his spell. Switched wings a few times with Enzio. This guy could be a future match winner once we GEL......sorry, couldn't resist it
    Hemmings and Stead 5.75. Forgot Hemmings was on the pitch but he wasn't getting the service anyway. Stead worked hard but created nothing of note.
    Aless and Dennis didn't have enough time on the pitch to impress....but oh I wish Dennis could have connected with Enzio's cross.

Early days, a point in the bag and I'm quite relaxed despite MAD having a minor meltdown.....COYP
    Enzio 7 and MOM !! Don't you just love football fans and how they can see things so differently . Long may it continue . Anyway I'm off on me jollies , back in time for Notts greatest ever left back's homecoming though.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Enzio 7 and MOM !! Don't you just love football fans and how they can see things so differently . Long may it continue . Anyway I'm off on me jollies , back in time for Notts greatest ever left back's homecoming though.
    Bob Worthington back at Meadow Lane ???

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Today was definitely a tough day. There is clearly a lot of work to be done. Anyone who thinks that professional footballers can just rock up and know what each of there team mates will do is nuts, that clearly can only be achieved by playing games. Pre-season in hindsight has been pointless, playing 3 teams who are above us in League status and ability was good for fitness, and that is about it. It did little to help the lads ‘gel’ in an attacking sense. I was one that said the results didn’t matter, but in future it is worth looking at playing teams that we can be competitive with, top end of conference and bottom end of League 1.
    In terms of today, Fitz distribution was shocking, and he takes all free kicks in our half... poor. There central defenders were not even jumping to win headers at the end.
    We couldn’t even win second balls, particularly in the air as we were a much smaller team than Colchester. Something that may be a problem in most games.
    To a man the back 4 did ok, however, like Fitz, the distribution was poor.
    Vaughan and Hewitt did ok in possession but didn’t seem to spot any runs the wide players or forwards, particularly Dennis were making. This was for me systematic of the whole team. We seemed content to keep dropping it back to Fitz or the back 4, but none of them seemed capable of playing balls to feet. Hence the inevitable hoof ball.
    Our wide players very rarely got the ball quick enough, although Thomas was more effective and looks to be a good acquisition. Enzio showed glimpses but again Tootle and Vaughan in particular couldn’t get him on the ball. Is this not why we signed Vaughan?
    I felt for all the forwards, not a cat in hells chance of winning many headers against 2 beasts that gobbled all the hoof balls forward. I can’t beleive that with all the alleged pace in the side, we hardly put a ball in to space for a player to chase, and we certainly didn’t do enough balls in to feet or even chest height.
    Hall has to come in the side and I honestly believe that we need to look at getting some height in central midfield. Oh to have Yates back.
    I agree with most of that, it was the same old Notts much of the time pass it around on the floor across the back four get the ball forward over the half way line then pass it back again and then hoof a hopeful high ball. I felt sorry for Hemmings having nothing to feed off or run onto.

Getting back to people changing their usernames, well I think I might have to change mine soon. My lad who reads this board asked me the other day if I was navypie. What makes you think I'm that idiot son? Don't think he bought it.

Right ,Mrs Navy is getting annoyed with me now , not only does she expect me to do all the packing she now expects me to load the suitcases into the car! We don't fly until this afternoon woman and I haven't even tied the dog to a lamppost on Mapperley top yet. THAT WAS A JOKE !

Big fat elite pie as a ring to it.
    Last edited by navypie; 05-08-2018 at 06:55 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast