+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nothing learned from last season.

yes your right gray unless he was carrying a knock it was a mistake not starting duffy were just not the same team without him leon needs dropping to wake him up but for some reason chris wont pull him off we need waghorn or gallagher to push him and if teams block our wing backs we just dont seem to have another plan some serious thinking for chris me thinks bit of a wake up call today but who knows we may come out of it for the better dont think were as good as we all thought we were utb ftp

You can’t blame Leon Clarke. He’s a target man and we just keep playing it on the deck and not even passing to our own team. We were really poor in midfield. I echo grays thoughts around lundstram. He’s not good enough. Simple as that. He brings absolutely nothing to the table. Poor/weird Starting 11 from wilder today. We have some seriously bang average players who last season excelled. This season people have the measure. Basham (said it ages ago) not good enough. Bolton f**kd him off. Stevens not good enough. We have to spend money in the right places. I don’t think we’ve done that. We have a mid table squad. We’ll be lucky to finish in the top half this season. Absolutely gutted after today. No better than last season. Wilder needs to sort it out. I don’t care that he’s a blade.

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    You can’t blame Leon Clarke. He’s a target man and we just keep playing it on the deck and not even passing to our own team. We were really poor in midfield. I echo grays thoughts around lundstram. He’s not good enough. Simple as that. He brings absolutely nothing to the table. Poor/weird Starting 11 from wilder today. We have some seriously bang average players who last season excelled. This season people have the measure. Basham (said it ages ago) not good enough. Bolton f**kd him off. Stevens not good enough. We have to spend money in the right places. I don’t think we’ve done that. We have a mid table squad. We’ll be lucky to finish in the top half this season. Absolutely gutted after today. No better than last season. Wilder needs to sort it out. I don’t care that he’s a blade.
    What really pisses me off about Lundstram is how often he just gives up the cause. Time and again he just make an half hearted attempt to tackle or recover the situation. I asked for Blades to give him more time last season but it’s obvious now he’ll never change. Wilder needs all his players sweating blood but this guy thinks 30% is more than enough, pity cus I was sure there there was more about him.

Nowt's changed since I've been going. Just sit back and watch the game, have a few beers and enjoy the football. It may happen in your life time, it may not but what's important is that you give a f**k, what would be the point otherwise?

Well, yesterday just proves we haven't lost our touch when it comes to going from 'cautious optimism' to 'mad slashing' in 90 minutes.

To my eyes it was a narrow and pretty undeserved defeat. It was disappointing for sure, but we didn't play as bad individually or collectively as some of the criticism would suggest. Do we really need to smash lot up and start again, in time for game no.2..?

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Well, yesterday just proves we haven't lost our touch when it comes to going from 'cautious optimism' to 'mad slashing' in 90 minutes.

To my eyes it was a narrow and pretty undeserved defeat. It was disappointing for sure, but we didn't play as bad individually or collectively as some of the criticism would suggest. Do we really need to smash lot up and start again, in time for game no.2..?
    I thought the game changed when they brought on Montero,his pace was too much for us,we were sloppy in givin the ball away in't 2nd half and gave them the chance to hit us on't break.I thought a draw wudda been a fair result but if anyone deserved to win they did more than us in my view.Hendo med a gr8 save from their lads header,possibly cudda done a bit better wi the equaliser but it certainly wasn't a howler and the move was luvly football by Swansea,they also hit the bar.I thought apart from Montero their number 10 looked a very good player(Couttsy type) and i don't think they were a poor side at all,they wern't gr8 tho.Disapointin start to our season no doubt and i agree Evans and Lundy shunt play together at home but of the 2 i thought Lundy was better yesdi.I blame SKY cos we'd've won that had it been a 3pm ko. UTCB

I thought it was a week that was a long time in football not just a couple of days we've gone from pretty much everybody bein happy with the stw providing we get a couple of strikers in next week people were talking of a decent squad that would be up there challenging for a play off place,fast forward 24 hrs after a game against a team just relegated from the prem and it looks like we'll be lucky to finish above rovrum. I'm not goin to panic it wasn't a great performance but reactions do appear a little ott

its always that horrible feeling when you've been mugged - and we were. Would rather be 2-0 down and get a goal, than 1-0 up and concede 2 - it feels so much worse. However, Montero, as Rod says, changed the game - he's a cracking player who will wreak havoc in the Championship if he stays with the Swans.

We were average - no spark - like we were for the second half of last season. We need a Duffy or a Woodburn in the team to give us something different.

Agree re Fleck tho - he's going backwards at the moment - needs to push on again.

At least we don't have long to wait to put things right

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    its always that horrible feeling when you've been mugged - and we were. Would rather be 2-0 down and get a goal, than 1-0 up and concede 2 - it feels so much worse. However, Montero, as Rod says, changed the game - he's a cracking player who will wreak havoc in the Championship if he stays with the Swans.

We were average - no spark - like we were for the second half of last season. We need a Duffy or a Woodburn in the team to give us something different.

Agree re Fleck tho - he's going backwards at the moment - needs to push on again.

At least we don't have long to wait to put things right
    Behave thissen FLECKY goin backwards? He dint have a gr98 game by any stretch but was still the best of the midfield 3. DON'T PANIC(yet) UTCB

I remember last season i was giving my opinion of Lundstram on here and and S2,all i got was grief and the - give him time b-oll-ocks.

He is a league one player at best,who only looks championship quality in flashes,he wanders about and just watches oppo midfielders stroll past him.

One time just one time yesterday he showed a bit of fight,he lost the ball near their penalty area and chased there defender in over boost mode and went flying into a tackle right infront of the dugouts he got applause for it,once a game is not good enough tho.

We have to get a gritty/flair blessed midfielder who is looking to go forward and be inventive,not do the safe sideways crap all the time.

If we dont we will be on the end of defeats not wins.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast