+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nothing learned from last season.

Nothing learned from last season.

Yet again we give away sloppy goals and points from the same position; our left midfield/defense. I lost count of how often that happened last season and it cost us 3 points today.

Stevens isn't good enough at this level and neither are Evans and Lundstrum played together,we can get away with one.
    Again no pace or creativity because,well we haven't actually got any players with pace and the creativity was left sat on its arse for 85 minutes.

Hugely disappointing against a s h it opposition.

Sort it Wilder. It's screamingly obvious. [Getting rid of Evans,Lundstrum and Leonard and getting 2 quality midfielders in]*

*A suggestion.

The screamingly obvious refers to why we are way off being contenders. We've started the season like we played the last 4 months of the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Yet again we give away sloppy goals and points from the same position; our left midfield/defense. I lost count of how often that happened last season and it cost us 3 points today.

Stevens isn't good enough at this level and neither are Evans and Lundstrum played together,we can get away with one.
    Again no pace or creativity because,well we haven't actually got any players with pace and the creativity was left sat on its arse for 85 minutes.

Hugely disappointing against a s h it opposition.

Sort it Wilder. It's screamingly obvious. [Getting rid of Evans,Lundstrum and Leonard and getting 2 quality midfielders in]*

*A suggestion.

The screamingly obvious refers to why we are way off being contenders. We've started the season like we played the last 4 months of the last one.
    I don't think we were that bad - a bit rusty perhaps, or tentative might be a better word - but I definitely agree that Stevens isn't good enough. Maybe Bryan can replace him and offer something a bit more. He's definitely a weak link, though.

cant disagree sbt i hope we never play evans and lundstrum at home again this season too negative im afraid play stearman instead of basham and leon well hes just carried on today like he finished last season needs dropping no challenge for his place for once i think chris got it totally wrong tonight

Stearman can only play centrally in a 3 mate. Egan is the man.

I’ve absolutely no idea what Lundstram brings to the table. There’s nothing in his game at this level that adds to the team. Like I said before the game, Stevens isn’t good enough either or his back up. Playing a midfield of Evans, Fleck and Duffy is our best perm right now, at least Duffy forces Evans to be more positive because of his attack minded positional play and I still think there’s a footballer in there.

It’s early days though and I’m not getting too down, remember our promotion season start and all the negativity, but I just think the aforementioned two players have had enough game time and just aren’t good enough. I’m sure Wilder has to see the same thing.

We are going to have to get used to this Blades. It reminded me of Croatia v England second half where Croatia put two wide men with pace to keep our full backs back then 3 skillful midfielders tight together Chris and Alan will have to work a system out to combat this because many teams will come and play like Swansea set up.Maybe 4 4 2 for a while to get back control in midfield.We never played a through ball from midfield for forwards to run onto.Bit disappointed but we have chance to improve

you may be right sbt but bash has had a poor game today why not try stearman there hes a better defender if not give leonard a chance there and like woody says if teams set up to nulify our 3 5 2 we have to have a plan b go with 4 at the back and play 4 3 3 but we definetly need something different up top leon was awful today dont know how he stays on the pitch

Think you're being a bit harsh on them SBT they looked like prem players good instant control crisp passing and speed of thought individually they looked way better than us i have no idea what lundstram was doin out there at times I wondered if Adkins had come back the way we kept going backwards and sideways non of the midfield covered themselves in glory and defensively only Egan came out with any credit,they were better than I thought they were going to be but we were so much poorer than I expected

shake up needed

Fleck doesn't escape criticism either I'm afraid

Lost count of the amount of times where he received the ball from the centre halves with 10 yards of space for him to turn into but he just played a first time ball straight back

Early last season he would have turned, then moved 30 yards upfield, drew defended in then made a pass

bit concerning that weve got 2 tough away games now but it was far too safe and negative today almost looked as though we gave them too much respect and we certainly need more quality and pace up front i would play 1 striker at boro with duffy and woodburn just in behind

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast