+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nothing learned from last season.

we certainly need some herbie i would start with just goldie up top at boro and play duffy and woodburn just in behind him mind dont fancy our chances up there waghorn forced to score if he plays

The club thinks it can get away with it by having a manager that will get after the players and not let up on them

That's why the miniscule amount of success that has been achieved has been achieved with a screaming bawling manager who gets the maximum out of a poor bunch of players, using a pre- historic style of football

Any manager trying to play football with skill, pace, precision, ability and flair will eventually fall flat on his face because he won't be backed by the boardroom when it comes to getting these types of players at a higher level

Enda is just not good enough, hopefully Bryan is given a chance as he sounds like he is good technically. We needed a Duffy upgrade last season and we still do. Our JTW players have not risen to the challenge. For me a change at LWB, a new striker and Freeman are the minimum requirements.

S24SU members are waffling the same platitudes

Unlucky
    Swansea are good
    Its only the first game
    It's only one defeat
    Wilder will sort it

Any fan who dares to express concerns is a pig

I daren't post on there since the game, they'll track me down and send a hit man if I tell them what I think

there is concerns jj not disputing it but its still early days the thing that concerns me a bit is as was the case in the last 3 months of last season and yesterday were just not playing with the same tempo as in the first 4 months its very slow and predictable far too many passes going backwards and sideways it just gives the opposition time to get back and get set up maybe a couple of pacy new signings would give us more options on and off the ball

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    there is concerns jj not disputing it but its still early days the thing that concerns me a bit is as was the case in the last 3 months of last season and yesterday were just not playing with the same tempo as in the first 4 months its very slow and predictable far too many passes going backwards and sideways it just gives the opposition time to get back and get set up maybe a couple of pacy new signings would give us more options on and off the ball
    Ya pass sideways cause theres absolutley nothing to passed to going forward. leaon clark and mcgoldrick didnt make one run inbetween their defenders,it was forward play of the lowest order. leon clarke just stands there in the box behind 3 defenders and makes no effort at all to get across the man in front of him. we are slow and cumbersome up front and it was glaring yesterday,we have just carried on from where we left of last season. one dimentional rubbish. until we get speed n agility in the side this season will be nothing more than an almighty struggle. kean bryon in for stevens to start with.

I thought Barrie McKay was very good for them how come we can't pick the 1.5 mil player up

The type of players that cost money
    We've had to make do with them for about 50 years

So I can't see it changing
    The club is scared, scared sh@tless of mistakes in the transfer market so it adopts the method that ten smaller mistakes is better than one big one.

When in actual fact Its more difficult to move 10 mistakes on better money than League One and Two on than it is to move one proven player on who just happens to have had a bad time at a particular club

Jordan Rhodes being just one example.
    Total failure at the swill but still able to find somebody that wants him based on what he's done in the past.

The type of players that cost money
    We've had to make do without them for about 50 years

So I can't see it changing
    The club is scared, scared sh@tless of mistakes in the transfer market so it adopts the method that ten smaller mistakes is better than one big one.

When in actual fact Its more difficult to move 10 mistakes on better money than League One and Two on than it is to move one proven player on who just happens to have had a bad time at a particular club

Jordan Rhodes being just one example.
    Total failure at the swill but still able to find somebody that wants him based on the fact that he's proven quality

Jesus using a phone to post is a nightmare sometimes

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast