+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Rangers (match thread)

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    He wasn’t injured the other night.
    Just suffering from cramp and came off before he did get an injury.
    I like Niall McGinn and think he can offer a lot to the team. He should be playing against Rangers but don’t expect the same thoughts from Dodgy Del (In fairness, I reckon he is not fully 100% fit and had missed matches during the pre-season). Dodgy Del likes to overload his teams with defenders in bigger matches and this is how we usually fail to achieve winning results in them.

Del has a quandary today...the Huns have only played four competitive games under Gerrard and they haven't really impressed in any of them. But they've been against continental opposition. So, when he's unsure about whether or not to put out an attacking team, his default position is to line up defensively. It's in his AberdeeDNA.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I personally thought that McGinn played like a man who knew he didn't have the pace to get by the defenders and had to rely on his "experience" to creat space for himself.

He played well but there were times he could have ran at the defence and he didn't. Maybe I'm doing him an injustice.
    I agree, there was opportunities to take it to the line, but he opted to cut back inside again.
    With Lawton on a card, he should have ran at him more.

Quote Originally Posted by deedon View Post
    Del has a quandary today...the Huns have only played four competitive games under Gerrard and they haven't really impressed in any of them. But they've been against continental opposition. So, when he's unsure about whether or not to put out an attacking team, his default position is to line up defensively. It's in his AberdeeDNA.
    I’ve not yet seen that we can creatively break down a team this season, so think the counter attack tactic will create more space for us to exploit.
    I’d expect a similar tactic today.

McGinn

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I agree, there was opportunities to take it to the line, but he opted to cut back inside again.
    With Lawton on a card, he should have ran at him more.
    Agree with 87 KG and 1903 100%, McGinnhad many opportunities to take on the defenders but almost always elected to cut inside before crossing or laying it off, unlike GMS who did the opposite,often resulting in a more dangerous out swinging cross like the one leading indirectly to the goal. McGinn, though, to be fair, controlled the ball well and rarely lost possession unlike others in the team and that was so very important in both games against a much bigger and very physical/athletic team.

On the pitch, I want us to compete, not sit back and watch "Super Stevie G's" team in awe. They are p!sh and we can beat them as long as we believe it, from the minute we walk onto the pitch.

I would also like the local constabulary grow a set of balls and smash any cvnts skull who starts jumping on the roof of the disabled section like they did last year.
    Bunch of fvcking scum, and the local plod arent much better for standing back and doing nothing about it. Can just see us doing that at ibrokes.......

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    On the pitch, I want us to compete, not sit back and watch "Super Stevie G's" team in awe. They are p!sh and we can beat them as long as we believe it, from the minute we walk onto the pitch.

That's what we have lacked for two long. Have the heart and we will win games.

COYFR

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    That's what we have lacked for two long. Have the heart and we will win games.

COYFR
    ^^^this^^^

COYFR

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    Very simplistic view of football tactics. We never sit back in awe.

There are many ways to win a football game, and like a few on here I expect we will be compact and try to hit them on the break. Pressing with Shinnie and Ferguson once they cross the half way line

Charging in heed first from the off, "in their faces" sounds good to supporters, but in games like this, will result in nothing more than bookings, putting players in a position of having to tailor their style for the rest of the game to avoid a second yellow

Just because your not flying into tackles every two mins doesn't mean your showing them too much respect

Its not only simplistic, its effective.
    If we sit back and allow them to dictate the tempo, we will get hammered. They will pick us off.

We need to be in their faces from the start. Show them they cant have all the time they want on the ball.

No idea where the goals are coming from, but would love to see McGinn played through the middle with Wright and GMS either side. Not happening though is it?

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast