+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Rangers (match thread)

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    You believe it's a good tactic to sit back and invite the opposition on hoping to hit on the counter attack. Fair enough, we'll see AFC.
    I would be the other way and on the front foot. It won't happen as we'll start with 7 defensive players. Just compete and win the individual battles over the pitch. It's really pretty simple. Shackles on or off DM?
    I agree, pretty simple primary school tactics.
    We don’t have the players to adopt this approach.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    That is my point about the tactics. We haven’t recruited properly and unfortunately can’t play any other way but to the sit in tactic that Dodgy Del is afraid to evolve. We have a wimp as a manager, make no bones about it.
    Indeed, if we had different players, it may have been different.

Who should we have bought to be more aggressive and dominant in our games against all opposition?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    What are we trying to contain here? A team of nomarks & domestic abusers who haven’t played many games together & looked average in them all.

Heed first AFC
    You’ve watched many of the Huns games this season to come to that conclusion?
    I’ve not seen any yet.
    I thought they would be put out by Osijek, especially as they beat PSV both Home and away last year, but they came through that round.
    SevCo was very poor defensively last year, but early signs are they have improved there.
    We’ll have to see how they fare in the league this year.

I think it will be close today, i’ll Take a 1-0 victory

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

Indeed, if we had different players, it may have been different.

Who should we have bought to be more aggressive and dominant in our games against all opposition?
    A couple of decent strikers and a couple of decent attacking midfielders wouldn’t have went amiss.
    I appreciate that we needed a fair bit of recruitment as quite a few players left last season but not to even sign one striker to try and replace your main goalscorer is truly bad management. We haven’t won a match yet this season and the lack of quality in the last third is holding us back. Before anyone chips in that we were playing Burnley a woopee do EPL team I would just like to remind you that they are overrated dross and if we had recruited properly we would have knocked them out of Europe. Bad management from Dodgy Del is holding this club back.

Quote Originally Posted by torry_battery_ram View Post
    Cosgrove, McGinn and Hoban all having late fitness tests this morning.
    FFS, we are threadbare as it is, if those 3 are out then we will really struggle

Lewis
    Ball Devlin McKenna Considine
    Gleeson Shinnie
    GMS Ferguson Wright
    May

Which is pish

We’d get torn apart at full back.

Going to be a tough afternoon. Hopefully the players have recovered from the other night and actually have some ambition and motivation to beat the scum unlike last season where we pretty much presented ourselves to them.

Have we kept a clean sheet so far this season? I know only friendlies and Europe but still hardly inspiring. Also like others I have been left wondering at our recruitment policy which has left us pretty much without a goalscoring striker for the start of the season. A new face would at least give us some hope for a while.

That all said this is the time for our players to lay down a marker for the season and show they do have the credentials to be in the mix again. Confidence and intent is key but we shall see.

COYR

I think it will be close today, i’ll Take a 1-0 victory
    I would cut your arm off for a 1-0 win

So Logan, Devlin, Mckenna, Considine, shinning, Ferguson, Ball, Gleeson. Forrester and Cosgrove are not physical enough. GMS, McGinnis are our only ball players. That's it. Primary school tactics are sufficient for a game such as this. If we go very them the freedom of Pittodrie until they're 40 yards from goal we'll get what we deserve. Zilch. Rangers to win to nil unless we compete.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    A couple of decent strikers and a couple of decent attacking midfielders wouldn’t have went amiss.
    I appreciate that we needed a fair bit of recruitment as quite a few players left last season but not to even sign one striker to try and replace your main goalscorer is truly bad management. We haven’t won a match yet this season and the lack of quality in the last third is holding us back. Before anyone chips in that we were playing Burnley a woopee do EPL team I would just like to remind you that they are overrated dross and if we had recruited properly we would have knocked them out of Europe. Bad management from Dodgy Del is holding this club back.
    Your good at evading the question.
    The question was “Who” should we have signed.
    Put some names up.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    So Logan, Devlin, Mckenna, Considine, shinning, Ferguson, Ball, Gleeson. Forrester and Cosgrove are not physical enough.
    Where did you get that from?

Your good at evading the question.
    The question was “Who” should we have signed.
    Put some names up.
    I am not getting paid by the club to sign players...don’t tell me they are that f@cking desperate that they need my help?
    Dodgy Del is a slacker!

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast