+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Glad We Binned Haber....

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    If anyone works or gets the sack from us I’m certain it isn’t because of religious persuasion....unlike you.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    The potential to hit 15 each season would be a good starting point.

Doubt we could afford £4K per week but as per my original question (modified slightly) can we afford not to break the wages policy and bring in a decent forward?

If our board sanctions £250K for Shankland we'll know they're panicking already. Unless DSA has squirreled some funds away that they can call on of course.

I've never said Mendy is ****e but get where you're coming from - McCann needs time to bed in his new signings. He got that time last season and one of them looks decent but might be away before the end of the window. He deserves more time but if things haven't improved by October / November surely we're entitled to ask questions (again)?

Dundee fans will never be patient. However can you imagine how much worse it would generally be if the flingers of keech were above us in the league?
    I have the "potential" to hit 15 per season.

Moussa also has the potential but probably won't.....wud you take a 250k gamble on potential?

I did say we can't afford it....it already looks like a Melville type situation to me ie we are losing money and if I know it's a bog if the stadium plans collapse and the yanks disappear we cud be up **** creek....again.

I'm not against signing shankland, he has a decent lower league record but so did EL BAK....if he isn't an instant hit it will be back to greeting and a gnashing.

I see rumoured Henvey possibly out on loan...as part of deal....better idea me thinks than throwing big bucks at it.

I've been consistent and have said same rules apply to NM as any other managers but he hasn't been given time ( to do what I'm not sure) and in a season that's unlikely to end in relegation....I'd give him at least that unless it was an indefensible situation.

Dundee fans will never be patient is my exact point.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

Moussa also has the potential but probably won't.....wud you take a 250k gamble on potential?

I did say we can't afford it....it already looks like a Melville type situation to me ie we are losing money and if I know it's a bog if the stadium plans collapse and the yanks disappear we cud be up **** creek....again.

I'm not against signing shankland, he has a decent lower league record but so did EL BAK....if he isn't an instant hit it will be back to greeting and a gnashing.

I see rumoured Henvey possibly out on loan...as part of deal....better idea me thinks than throwing big bucks at it.

I've been consistent and have said same rules apply to NM as any other managers but he hasn't been given time ( to do what I'm not sure) and in a season that's unlikely to end in relegation....I'd give him at least that unless it was an indefensible situation.

3rd para dosent make sense but in a rush.

You don't have the potential to score 15 in a season any more than I do really. I have the potential to run half the length of Dens then collapse on my arse though. Bit like Moussa?

Not sure it's quite at the Melville stage yet but the stadium plans might never come to fruition and the Americans might leave. The club will then be in dire straits again with no society or group of committed individuals ready to step in and take temporary control - let's not forget at this stage it's the Americans that have made sure of that one. Not saying the society is or ever has been the be all and end all but as long as it was there working with the fans and club there was a bit of a safety net - that's gone now and we're 100% dependent on FPS.

OK, I'll give McCann to the end of the season as long as we're at least relatively safe-ish.

As regards the £250K gamble on potential - if we shell out that kind of cash on Shankland or another of that ilk somebody at Dens has phucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    You don't have the potential to score 15 in a season any more than I do really. I have the potential to run half the length of Dens then collapse on my arse though. Bit like Moussa?

Not sure it's quite at the Melville stage yet but the stadium plans might never come to fruition and the Americans might leave. The club will then be in dire straits again with no society or group of committed individuals ready to step in and take temporary control - let's not forget at this stage it's the Americans that have made sure of that one. Not saying the society is or ever has been the be all and end all but as long as it was there working with the fans and club there was a bit of a safety net - that's gone now and we're 100% dependent on FPS.

OK, I'll give McCann to the end of the season as long as we're at least relatively safe-ish.

As regards the £250K gamble on potential - if we shell out that kind of cash on Shankland or another of that ilk somebody at Dens has phucked up.
    Agree mibbe 12

Agree

Good

Agree.

I'd say btm 2 and a wee gap at the end of 1st quarter questions shud be asked and pressure would be on.and NM ones bad result away.

But McCann has been under pressure twice with us and answered both times.

I like McCann, he's a bit nippy at times, stubborn possibly but is trying to play football.

Many I think yourself included said they wouldn't be back if we appointed a Tommy Wright like character.

Killie have pulled a cracker but apart from Jack Ross at st m and Levein at the dabs and Lennon at hibs both on much bigger budgets ( I'd assume) there haven't been many other managers who have constantly overachieved in scotland.

McCann underachieving slightly but he's not miles off it.

Many I think yourself included said they wouldn't be back if we appointed a Tommy Wright like character.
    I say I'm not going back every week. But not sure I'd have said that.

Best football we have played in years and nm has kept us in the premier league. Only thing he hasn't delivered (so far) is a decent cup run.we have players who can attract a good transfer fee and getting some good players coming through the ranks.can't remember when we last did that.a decent goalscorer would be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by legendno9 View Post
    Best football we have played in years and nm has kept us in the premier league. Only thing he hasn't delivered (so far) is a decent cup run.we have players who can attract a good transfer fee and getting some good players coming through the ranks.can't remember when we last did that.a decent goalscorer would be nice!
    I think there are signs.

Good performance and create chances v dons would convince me more.

Quote Originally Posted by billymorgan View Post
    Watching Hibs v Motherwell on the box just now. Another ex Dee that was foolishly shipped OOT scores a cracker and is on fire for Hibs..Martin Boyle Jesus
    Was that McCanns fault also?

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    Was that McCanns fault also?
    No. Just pointing out Dundee FC manager of the time (Paul Hartley) made a poor decision to let Boyle go. I never blamed McCann mate.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)