+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Come on Tony,Warney needs your help.NOW

There's another angle to this lads, and one which I think needs exploring. Its an angle which brings warne into just as much focus as TS with regards the finances.

Here goes, im led to believe that warney has voluntarily set a player wage cap. He has done this with good intentions, I.e. so that we dont potentially sign big time charlies and to retain harmony amongst the squad.

All well and good, except there have been times when we have tried to sign a good player, with TS willing to finance the deal, but the deal has collapsed because of the above arbitrary self imposed wage cap.

Food for thought, is it therefore TS or PW at fault for the lack of quality signings?

Sounds like a plan. Good for Warney, if so.

I agree, sota. Warne is from the Ronnie Moore school of management in which a premium is placed on commitment, hard work and a strong team spirit.

Dropping a couple of big time Charlies on very high wages into the squad is disruptive and more the Alan Stubbs approach.

Presumably the Millers players got bonuses / contract improvements after getting promotion? I'm not particularly against a wage cap, but let's hope that the level has gone up a bit from League 1 last year

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I agree, sota. Warne is from the Ronnie Moore school of management in which a premium is placed on commitment, hard work and a strong team spirit.

Dropping a couple of big time Charlies on very high wages into the squad is disruptive and more the Alan Stubbs approach.
    Are we building a football team.Sounds more like a sunshine corner team run by the sally bash.

Warne's approach is to build a team. That's the point that I'm making.

I'm not sure where you get the Sunshine Corner thing from.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Are we building a football team.Sounds more like a sunshine corner team run by the sally bash.
    Blimey. Unfortunately, I'm old enough to know what this means... by heck.

So am I.

Everyone was disappointed yesterday I’ve already posted about Warne getting it wrong yesterday.

It’s 1 game and nobody knows for sure what money we have offered to players just guessing from a lot of so called experts.

Warne has a way of managing and it worked last season who says it can’t work this one?

Yesterday may well have just highlighted the need to the management we need some more quality.
    Even if that’s from the bench who we didn’t play?

If we had won or played well that may not have been the case.

10 games should be a better benchmark.

ha :-)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast