+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Come on Tony,Warney needs your help.NOW

Come on Tony,Warney needs your help.NOW

Today,we were outclassed by a team that will probably finish in the top half.However,it was so obvious that the team that PW picked was going to struggle today.Both full backs were vulnerable,Wood cannot hack it at this level,central midfield was slow and ineffective.Taylor is at best an average league 1 player and Ball offers nothing.We need some pace and quality injected in to this squad.We are not asking to compete with the likes of Forest and Derby etc. but we do get 7 million by being in the championship.We haven't spent a penny yet.Confidence needs boosting quickly before it's too late.

Iv been talking to a few fans and majority are saying if rotherham go down because tony Stewart thinks he can get away with free transfers. They will stop going,

Bit harsh but I see where they are coming from sort off

what's happened to these million pound transfers we was going to sign under Evans?

people are starting to see in the championship Tony Stewart is completely out of his depth money wise.

then tony Stewart mentions promotion to the premiership in his interviews.

the last time we was in the championship has done alot of damage to the club at this level.

How much extra are you willing to pay, chaps, or is it just Warne who is expected to put his hand in his pocket?

Even I’m starting to wonder if mr Stewart’s given up on the club.

Last year we made money on Danny ward and fisher and we spent next to nothing on transfers. Yes we had to pay blackstock off but what’s the excuse this year we are in championship we have promotion money and still we don’t spend anything, why? Has Tony given up? Is he saving the money up bit by bit? Is the academy leaving us broke? Is he planning on upgrading stadium with it?

What’s going on?

lol this thread

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    How much extra are you willing to pay, chaps, or is it just Warne who is expected to put his hand in his pocket?
    Same old repetitive post.....yawn.

Tony Stewart is the Chairman of this club by choice and not the fans you so cheaply ask to front the money. They pay their hundreds and thousands via attending the home games so they have a right to raise valid questions.

We simply will not survive in THIS demanding league with players who are clearly out of their depth,
    It’s Warne I feel for who will be blamed for the impending failure at this rate with a sub standard team.
    Always quite easy to dispose of a Manager and blame their short comings when, the blame is with those who won’t speculate to accumulate if only to retain championship status.

Post something sensible or don’t bother.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    You've asked this question before KerrAvon.

You didn't get an answer last time and I doubt you will get one this time !

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    You've asked this question before KerrAvon.

You didn't get an answer last time and I doubt you will get one this time !
    I have indeed and I don't think I will.

Brin doesn't seem to have noticed that I put my post up in response to the same old repetitive post (yawn) about Stewart needing to put his hand in his pocket more deeply than he does already.

Supporters with an ounce of realism about them knew that this would be a tough season. How tough is impossible to tell after one game. I recall that we lost to Fleetwood in the opening game of last season and the same prophets of doom were out predicting relegation.

Time will tell. We'll have a better idea after five games and a pretty good one after ten. One thing is for sure, which is that even if the sack cloth and ashes brigade are right about our prospects, it's probably too late to fix it by breaking the wage structure at the club this season.

This is Rotherham United. If people want to support clubs with higher wage bills there are a number available.

Not bad Kerr. I also think that Warney will realise very quickly that the 'lads' approach will not work at this level.
    Last edited by sota; 05-08-2018 at 06:05 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast