+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Six of the best

Six of the best

Well played lads , great to watch 😁

Quote Originally Posted by The bloodtubs View Post
    Well played lads , great to watch 😁
    Aye and we are top of the league too... . We play Newport next who got thrashed 3-0 and so who knows...maybe top next week too?

Ainley not starting was a surprise and DA clearly feels for those on the bench as he will have little option in keeping the same line up next time out....Jones will have done his value no harm with a couple and could be on the agenda for some clubs again at Christmas but alas maybe a little too early to be too optimistic but what a great start....

The gate was a bit disappointing for the first home match though..

Perhaps the line-up and substitutions were a reflection on the fact that there is a game on Tuesday? I was very impressed with the 'team-feel' to the game, along with energy and direction.
    Loads of mistakes, but it was the first competitive game they've had.
    I'm relaxed about Jones. He was exceptional in midfield, scored two beauties (and thankfully was given enough time and space to do The Times crossword before shooting), but the strength in depth, mostly our own, homegrown lads, gives me confidence.

Gate? A reflection on the holiday month, perhaps? It was still a great atmosphere.

But there isn't a game this Tuesday - next 2 but not this week. Otherwise, completely agree AL.

The gate was disappointing considering the long queue along Gresty Road, even JB has apologised for the time it took.
    Perhaps the 'free' tickets aren't counted?
    Does anyone know if I have to take my ST to buy a ticket for next Tuesday? I usually get them for friends (yes I do have some) who live quite a way off from Crewe

Also disappointed with attendance. I know it's holiday season but it didn't stop other teams cashing in. We were amongst the lowest in our division despite usually being somewhere in the middle.

Considering our crowds are traditionally poor at the start of a season I actually thought over 3,500 for the visit of Morecambe was quite reasonable.

It seemed far busier than normal to me, both outside the ground and in the main stand towards the GRE end. Was really surprised to see the attendance was only 3,500.

Big, big improvement. Feel it had a lot to do with playing 3 in midfield. Understand where Mike mentions Ainley, but I think it was wrong to have both Ainley and Kirk in the same team. Always left us short in the engine room. Hope DA has learnt from this.

Good to see the partnership with Bowery and Nicholls. Nice to see him get 2 goals. Jones`s 2 goals were crackers. Thought that Bowery was superb, and Green and Wintle worked hard the whole game.

Six goals. Oh what a start.

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    The gate was disappointing considering the long queue along Gresty Road, even JB has apologised for the time it took.
    Perhaps the 'free' tickets aren't counted?
    Does anyone know if I have to take my ST to buy a ticket for next Tuesday? I usually get them for friends (yes I do have some) who live quite a way off from Crewe
    I'm sure free tickets (those used this week) will be counted, because of bar codes on new ticketing system. Quite a few season ticket holders round me on holiday, friends of theirs said.

If you buy tickets online they are coded on to season ticket, now they're issued, or Members' cards if your friends have them - I have paper ticket for Tuesday, because earlier purchases (before STs went out) they didn't want us to have to wait. While I'm sure they would give you a paper ticket for yourself if you don't take ST, I would, to save paper - indeed I always used to take my ST to buy Cup tickets anyway. If you're just buying for the friends shouldn't need ST with you, as they'll need individual paper tickets anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast