+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is there anybody out there who still thinks he should be given more time?

Quote Originally Posted by Mecca_Sheikh View Post
    Honestly?

I've never been a member of AT.

Their work on supporting youth development, good.

Their representation of fans on the board: atrocious, getting worse.
    Thanks. As I thought.

I've been a big critic on AT on this board. I'd like to see the fans groups come together with a common cause.

Invade/saturate the membership (Not expensive)
    Take it over via EGM and start to use it effectively. Stop all investment everywhere as a bargaining chip. Put that money into buying more shares if they are available. Keep buying shares when funds permit assuming shares can be acquired. Use the AT as a joint fans organisation platform to mount a PR attack on the club until CL is sacked. Start using AT as a real and effective pressure group. AT would appear to need a clean out asap.

Don't see any of the Judean Peoples Front groups would be interested in working together though, too busy with their wee groups, their wee committees and their big egos to put UNITED FIRST

Picking a manager for your club is the hardest job in football,when Thompson gave the job to Jackie lets be fair here most of us backed that decision, it was only the new contract with the percentage of transfer fees and the manager bringing in players who he thought he could sell on in the future that in the end cost McNamara.
    The decision to bring in Mixu was a disaster,i was on holiday at the time and i never wanted to come home to be honest as i thought the relegation i had warned about the previous summer was now inevitable.His next venture into the market looked promising with McKinnon but what is good for Raith Rovers who he had built into a team of hammer throwers with Toshney as his main man was never gonna be acceptable to fans of United.
    The last throw of the dice from Thompson brought in Shabba and many of us at the time thought it was a decent appointment,some even said we were certain to win the league with him in command,to say it never worked out would be an understatement and really it was clear by Christmas that Thompson's decision which to be fair was backed by a majority of the support was the wrong one yet again.
    When the chairman finally stood down and was replaced by his mate there was one major decision to be made and its fair to say that at least 90% of the support felt Shabba's tea was oot and a new manager would be appointed just in time for the season tickets going on sale.I still to this day cannie understand why the monkey made the worst decision ever in the history of our club far surpassing anything that Thompson had ever done by consigning us to Championship football to at least the beginning of the new decade.

Jim McIntyre was apparently watching the game from the Jerry Kerr. Recon he was doing his homework for his application

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Don't see any of the Judean Peoples Front groups would be interested in working together though, too busy with their wee groups, their wee committees and their big egos to put UNITED FIRST
    Think that last bit pretty much nails it on the head!

As for the trust, getting rid of Shabba needs to happen now, and there is too little time to get enough interested people into position to make a change. But then i look at your bit i quoted above and think there may be a bit of resistance to infiltration that will damage their cosy position on the board!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Think that last bit pretty much nails it on the head!

As for the trust, getting rid of Shabba needs to happen now, and there is too little time to get enough interested people into position to make a change. But then i look at your bit i quoted above and think there may be a bit of resistance to infiltration that will damage their cosy position on the board!
    I hear what you're saying about the timescale chick and it actually went through my mind as I was typing the post. But we have to consider the Doomsday scenario that it's actually possible Csaba could be in place until May 2019

CLFFS

And also regardless of timescale, board or manager, the various fans groups should do it anyway as it's well overdue a clean out. Take it over, revamp it and use it as a pressure group to increase genuine fan influence and pressure in the boardroom. Use it as the centrepiece for all the fan groups as one.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Picking a manager for your club is the hardest job in football,when Thompson gave the job to Jackie lets be fair here most of us backed that decision, it was only the new contract with the percentage of transfer fees and the manager bringing in players who he thought he could sell on in the future that in the end cost McNamara.
    The decision to bring in Mixu was a disaster,i was on holiday at the time and i never wanted to come home to be honest as i thought the relegation i had warned about the previous summer was now inevitable.His next venture into the market looked promising with McKinnon but what is good for Raith Rovers who he had built into a team of hammer throwers with Toshney as his main man was never gonna be acceptable to fans of United.
    The last throw of the dice from Thompson brought in Shabba and many of us at the time thought it was a decent appointment,some even said we were certain to win the league with him in command,to say it never worked out would be an understatement and really it was clear by Christmas that Thompson's decision which to be fair was backed by a majority of the support was the wrong one yet again.
    When the chairman finally stood down and was replaced by his mate there was one major decision to be made and its fair to say that at least 90% of the support felt Shabba's tea was oot and a new manager would be appointed just in time for the season tickets going on sale.I still to this day cannie understand why the monkey made the worst decision ever in the history of our club far surpassing anything that Thompson had ever done by consigning us to Championship football to at least the beginning of the new decade.
    GB you may be right. Prolonging the worst manager in our history and even hiring him a new back room of his cronies and letting him sack the team and get a new one may be one of the worst ever decisions in our history.

When you have made a massive error though the best thing is usually to accept it, recognise it and deal with it.

Just hope the BOD can now see what they done and get rid of csaba now before more damage continues

Historically, playing the United way was to have Scottish managers who knew the game - Jerry Kerr, Jim McLean, Craig Houston and Craig Levein - home grown managers who knew all about Scottish football.

The United way was to have one of the best youth systems in Scotland - the envy of the whole of Scotland with United producing players who would go on and play for Scotland.

Playing the United way means playing attractive, skillful football, reaching semi finals or cup finals, getting a decent league position and playing in Europe - this is what playing the United way means.

United have always had a good balance of Scottish players in their team - Willie Pettigrew, Davie Dodds, Mo Malpas, Danny Swanson and lots and lots of bigger name Scottish players - this was the Dundee United way.

In the modern game perhaps there are too many non - Scottish players in the team who don't understand the club's tradition, history or ambitions - United have had some great non Scottish players such as Ciftci and Jon Daily, but historically United have a long tradition of nurturing young players through their youth policy.

United also won the Scottish Cup with Golac, but historically United have a better record with Scottish managers.

United have also been a selling club ( which helped finance the club's ambitions ) - but in recent years United have had fewer talent to sell.

Times change, things move on - nothing last forever. But what has happened to the Dundee United way ?
    Last edited by ClashCityRocker; 05-08-2018 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    Historically, playing the United way was to have Scottish managers who knew the game - Jerry Kerr, Jim McLean, Craig Houston and Craig Levein - home grown managers who knew all about Scottish football.

The United way was to have one of the best youth systems in Scotland - the envy of the whole of Scotland with United producing players who would go on and play for Scotland.

Playing the United way means playing attractive, skillful football, reaching semi finals or cup finals, getting a decent league position and playing in Europe - this is what playing the United way means.

United have always had a good balance of Scottish players in their team - Willie Pettigrew, Davie Dodds, Mo Malpas, Danny Swanson and lots and lots of bigger name Scottish players - this was the Dundee United way.

In the modern game perhaps there are too many non - Scottish players in the team who don't understand the club's tradition, history or ambitions - United have had some great non Scottish players such as Ciftci and Jon Daily, but historically United have a long tradition of nurturing young players through their youth policy.

United also won the Scottish Cup with Golac, but historically United have a better record with Scottish managers.

United have also been a selling club ( which helped finance the club's ambitions ) - but in recent years United have had fewer talent to sell.

Times change, things move on - nothing last forever. But what has happened to the Dundee United way ?
    Great post!!!

Who is Craig Houston?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)